Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question regarding McBeans' Horn Resp program
Question regarding McBeans' Horn Resp program [message #41219] Sun, 04 May 2003 12:14 Go to next message
Peter K is currently offline  Peter K
Chancellor
After having made a given calculation of a hyperbolic/exponential bass horn using McBeans Horn Response program (version 6.30) and looking at the SPL response, you have an option under “tools” called “multiple speakers”
Multiple speakers [message #41220 is a reply to message #41219] Sun, 04 May 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I suspect that David calculates using variables that are double or half that of a single device. He probably sets things such as area to double and those such as voice coil inductance and resistance to half. But you could certainly ask him to be sure - It makes more sense for you to ask him directly than for me to make presumptions about the process that he has set in the program. I've found him to be very responsive and helpful when I've asked for explainations such as these.
Re: Multiple speakers [message #41224 is a reply to message #41220] Sun, 04 May 2003 23:24 Go to previous message
Peter K is currently offline  Peter K
Chancellor
Thanks for your reply, Wayne!

I will ask David directly.

Regards
pk

Previous Topic: Which PI speakers to build?
Next Topic: 2x10 cabinet size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 09:55:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout