Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map?
So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map? [message #41124] Thu, 24 April 2003 18:07 Go to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Got a little hang time today with the prez..............scored some choice tickets (only a few hundred for the general public, I ganrered 8) to Bush's visit to the Abrams tank plant, which is about .75 miles from my house as famed crow flies..........very cool event (and the plant is really interesting; people got to climb on/get in tanks, etc...rare glimpse inside)..........sound was Turbosound Floodlights, BTW!!!.......I hung to the back, had 7 year old with me, crowd was thick.......friends got to shake hands/talk to Bush............wierd thing was, he apologized for missing Wayne and MAF two weeks before........okay, so maybe that part is false..........
MBB

Re: So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map? [message #41126 is a reply to message #41124] Thu, 24 April 2003 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I heard Bush's speech at the plant this afternoon. Pretty cool you could be there. And a friend said he saw something about Lima on television today - That it was an acronym for "Lost in middle America", and named that way by its founders. Is that true?

Re: So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map? [message #41127 is a reply to message #41126] Thu, 24 April 2003 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Ha! No, but a good local joke. Lima is named after Lima Peru, from which we got the quinine to combat the malaria that the area swamps generated......
MBB

Re: So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map? [message #41128 is a reply to message #41127] Thu, 24 April 2003 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonefishin is currently offline  gonefishin
Baron
I had ta chuckle to myself...I was actually looking for you in the audience.

take care>>>>>>>

oh...to avoid having you suffer from burnout...every two years sounds good to me ;)

enjoy the music!

Waynes from Texas??? [message #41129 is a reply to message #41124] Thu, 24 April 2003 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
He missed a fellow Texan? That must have been cool. You go inside any of them?? When we were there at the MAF they ran the spot on the news about the new rear engine guards those guys built in like 5 days to help the guys in Iraq! Did a hell of a job!
Re: So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map? [message #41130 is a reply to message #41128] Fri, 25 April 2003 05:45 Go to previous message
Grand Master
Okey dokey!!!

Previous Topic: Audiophile Series Seven PI 18's
Next Topic: Question on damping a midrange sub-enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 15:51:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio