Home » Audio » General » Threatre or at Home?
Threatre or at Home? [message #4109] Mon, 05 March 2007 03:58 Go to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
Where do you prefer to watch movie? Do you think it's more convenient to watch movie at home or theatre?

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4111 is a reply to message #4109] Mon, 05 March 2007 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For me, sometimes its nice to go to the theater for its own sake. The sound isn't as good and the screen, while larger, sometimes isn't as clear. But some theaters are very good in both respects, and sometimes its just nice to get out. On the other hand, watching at home is private, and that has its benefits too. You can pause the movie if you need. The sound is better and you can set the volume as desired.

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4113 is a reply to message #4109] Tue, 06 March 2007 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I enjoy watching the big blockbuster action movies at the theatre just for the big screen effect, otherwise I'd just as soon watch movies at home. I only have a 31 inch screen (just a TV), but it's always sharp, and the sound will match or beat any theatre I've heard. Besides, the chairs are more comfortable, the coffee is better, and I can have Guinness or Amber Bach as I watch, or even Mead (which I have taken a big liking to the last few years). Being able to get rid of any of those drinks without missing any of the movie is nice, also.

Dave

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4122 is a reply to message #4109] Sat, 10 March 2007 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
home. With the SAmsung 61" DLP 1080P and even 480P dvd output, along with my altec VOTT /sub system, I get pretty decent sound and picture. Plus with netflix, I can watch movies I would never get to see in a theater.
-akhilesh

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4237 is a reply to message #4111] Mon, 23 April 2007 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
That is so true. Gooing to the movies was and used to be about just getting the full affect of watching it. The surround sound and big screen made it seem surreal. But now a days, people are watching movies in the privacy of their own home because it's more convienant. Right down from the kitchen. How much better could it get.

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4250 is a reply to message #4122] Sun, 29 April 2007 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I figure if you can get the same resulsts as you do at the movie theatre then why not stay at home. I have a system that gives it that movie theatre sound, so I dont spend money.

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4251 is a reply to message #4122] Sun, 29 April 2007 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I figure if you can get the same resulsts as you do at the movie theatre then why not stay at home. I have a system that gives it that movie theatre sound, so I dont spend money.

Re: Threatre or at Home? [message #4252 is a reply to message #4122] Sun, 29 April 2007 16:31 Go to previous message
Master

Previous Topic: ART radio
Next Topic: Imus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:28:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout