Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Time for a breather...........
Time for a breather........... [message #40971] Mon, 14 April 2003 13:59 Go to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Wayne and the rest of the Pi guys;
thank you kindly for your friendship and knowledge that you have shared.
Wayne, thanks for making such a commitment of time/$/energy for a trip that, while ostensibly for bringing Pi stuff to Lima, was really about getting to meet in person.
I'm gonna relax and refocus a bit for awhile. I'll drift in now and then to say hi.
MBB

Re: Time for a breather........... [message #40974 is a reply to message #40971] Mon, 14 April 2003 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
mike, thanks again for hosting this great event! it was fun getting together with my buddies and making some new friends. it was 3 years ago when a search for "horn loudspeakers" landed me on wayne's pispeaker site. from this humble search and numerous late nights typing away on the forums i have truly made some great friendships. i have enjoyed bill & chris martinelli's company at their home in rochester and at my house in toronto. bill epstein is always fun to hang around with, he just exudes positive attitude everywhere. wayne & alona, it was well worth the wait! you both are down to earth and are truly great people. hope you can make the trip to canada this summer. speakerman57, i love your enthusiasm for this hobby! if there is another MAF you should do a seminar about your hobby. i'm sure you could just wing-it!
mike, thanks again. i understand your temporary burnout but hope to see you back in action soon on the pi forum. all of us have learned so much and now have great systems to enjoy our music on. i'm really happy with mine and honestly do not know how much more improvement is out there. is this the end of the road? maybe for the equipment, but i hope its just the beginning of some truly great friendships.
i vote for a threepeat of MAF. greg will have some partying to catch up on!

cheers,

george

Re: Time for a breather........... [message #40976 is a reply to message #40974] Mon, 14 April 2003 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
End of the road? Yes and no. I'm satisfied that I can provide myself with quality music, and entertain the friends and family!!! I think now I will work to see how I can utilize my various piles of gear in novel ways around the house!!! I still have pair of 4560BKA cabinets in storage at the warehouse; I should repurchase some 2470A horns and reload the box with my E130-2225's, and then devise a weather-resistant scheme so they can stay on the deck all summer!!! They are on casters. 103db efficient. Beautiful sound, very long throw, soft on low bass but great for deck speakers!!!!!!!!!!! Who makes a cheap 2370A knockoff?? They'll be disposable speakers; maybe I can get the local tent and awning guy to sew some waterproof covers, and then just yank them off for listening. I like them better than A7's

CAF [message #40983 is a reply to message #40974] Mon, 14 April 2003 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like your idea of a Toronto get together. This summer, it will be over 100 degrees for like three months straight in Tulsa. I think it would be great to find some time when Alona and I can afford to get away and come to Toronto. I'd love to see your shop and we'll introduce you to some of the Russki's in Toronto too. It will be our own little Canadian Audiofest.

Thanks a million [message #40984 is a reply to message #40971] Mon, 14 April 2003 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're exactly right about the reason for the trip. It was because we were all drawn together. I'm sooooo glad that we did this, and I wish we could see each other every couple of days.

Here in Tulsa, I get together with a regular bunch of friends about two or three times a week. Pretty often really, and it is really nice. The Lima event had the same feel. We have built a relationship on the forum and feel a connection with each other. There is a sort of continuity, like we'd been friends for a long time. In a sense, we have been.

So please come around on the π forum as often as you like. We all know that Peggy needs you so I think everyone will understand you skip on us for a while. Just always feel welcome and know you're missed, that's all.

Thanks a million for putting this together, my friend.

Re: Thanks a million [message #40985 is a reply to message #40984] Mon, 14 April 2003 18:32 Go to previous message
Grand Master
Thanks, the feelings mutual, Wayne!

Previous Topic: Midwest Audiofest
Next Topic: MAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 11:00:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio