Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1 week before MAF
1 week before MAF [message #40841] Thu, 03 April 2003 19:49 Go to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
and i'm enjoying the ice storm. last week it was 60 degrees and now it's freezing rain & snow. what a winter? golf courses were open last weekend and all the hotrods were on the street. what's going on with the weather?

george

Re: 1 week before MAF [message #40842 is a reply to message #40841] Thu, 03 April 2003 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's warm here, and has been for a while. About 80 degrees, and we've got the hotrods out here too.

What room are you staying in at the Midwest Audiofest?

Re: 1 week before MAF [message #40843 is a reply to message #40842] Thu, 03 April 2003 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
wayne, i don't remember which room i'm in. i know i'm on a different floor than you & the gang. i have a montecristo friendly room. i'll flick my ashes onto bates's trailer down below. see you there!

george

Re: 1 week before MAF [message #40847 is a reply to message #40841] Fri, 04 April 2003 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Wow, you got the ice too? It's still hanging on the tree's here and they are saying more is to come. So far I'm lucky, we only had a few massive power surges and a few limbs down in the neighbors.

One week and counting! yeah buddy
flickflickflick

Bill

Re: 1 week before MAF [message #40849 is a reply to message #40841] Fri, 04 April 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Darned if I know, but let's get it out of the way now, not when I'm driving a van 12 hours to Lima next Thursday!

Where can we special order SPRING?

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Vinyl Pile Continues to Grow . . . [message #40850 is a reply to message #40849] Fri, 04 April 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
The heap o' vinyl coming along to Lima continues to expand. I just received these three this a.m., and they're all making the trip!

* Cannonball Adderley - Know What I Mean

* Duke's Big 4 - (45 rpm) - Ellington, Pass, Brown & Bellson.
Man, ya gotta hear this one. Umm ummmmmm good!

* Firebird - Dorati & LSO - (single sided 45) Mercury Living Presence. Pure magic.

Gee - I hope I don't forget to bring CDs altogether! ;-)

Re: Vinyl Pile Continues to Grow . . . [message #40851 is a reply to message #40850] Fri, 04 April 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll bring some half-speed master discs from the late 70's. I've got some favorites and I'm dying to hear them on your turntable, the Paramours and the π's. Gotta hear those controversial Audio Note speakers too.

Re: Vinyl Pile Continues to Grow . . . [message #40853 is a reply to message #40851] Fri, 04 April 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Cool! Can we just fastforward to next Thursday, please?

>You wrote: "Gotta hear those controversial Audio Note speakers, too."

Gee, Wayne, why bother? Everybody knows a two way speaker with an 8" woofer can't be any good. ROTFLOL!

Jeez, the Firebird just scared me off my chair! Gotta watch out for those 8 or 9 watt 300B amps, too! You know the sort - the ones that can't do dynamics. Or bass. Or much else except syrupy midrange. "Holy mother of crap!" as Art Dudley likes to say.

;-)

Like I always say, (wait for it!):

Re: Vinyl Pile Continues to Grow . . . [message #40855 is a reply to message #40853] Fri, 04 April 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, I'd really like to have a nice 8 watt tube amp. The little Paramours are like 2 watt jobs, and they just sound great. There's a little bit of hum, 'cause I didn't put in their C4S regulator. But as it is, I'm all tubes except two semiconductor diodes.

There is absolutely no EQ necessary. The bass is great, no need for more power or a twist of the bass knob. I don't know why, but I've always been a stickler for that. Probably an obsessive thing, but I've always felt a judge of a speaker is how it sounds when it has no EQ or sound modifiers at all.

Now give me 8 watts, and I'll really be cookin'! Earthquakes of bass!

Re: Vinyl Pile Continues to Grow . . . [message #40856 is a reply to message #40855] Fri, 04 April 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Master
Well, there will be several amps in that range coming along for the ride:

ss rectified:
P Zero's - 10 watt push-pull monoblocks - closed chassis - stealth mode!

tube rectified:
Conqueror - compact stereo 300B amp
P3 - not-so-compact stereo 300B amp (WE tubes) w/vol control (tube reg. as well)
Quest Silver Signatures - mono 300 amps (WE tubes)

Lotsa glass, lotsa iron Lima-bound!

Previous Topic: To seal or not to seal
Next Topic: I can't go...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 14:42:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers