Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » PI's and amps
PI's and amps [message #40394] Sun, 23 February 2003 21:04 Go to next message
frog is currently offline  frog
Chancellor
Well I am about halfway done with my first set of do it yourself speakers, a pair of 2 PI. I am considering purchasing a small tube amp to run them, I would really like something pre-assembled. I think the Norh SE9 looks nice for the price. I am wondering if any of you have used that amp or know of anything else small and in that price range that would make my pair of 2 PI sound good. Thanks.
Re: PI's and amps [message #40403 is a reply to message #40394] Mon, 24 February 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Be sure to check the Tubes and SET forums for amplifier suggestions, both assembled and kit.
Re: PI's and amps [message #40409 is a reply to message #40394] Mon, 24 February 2003 10:16 Go to previous message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
I'm running my Theater 4 PIs with the Antique Sound Labs Wave 8 mono amps. With my speakers they'll play far louder than I'll ever need, and it should be plenty with the 2 PIs as well. I did the Auricap mod as well as replacing the stock tubes with the Svetlanas. I paid $175 shipped for mine used with the tube cages and power cords. They're really an exceptional value.

Kevin
Previous Topic: 2Pi and sound quality
Next Topic: Pi 10 build idea
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:58:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers