Home » Audio » General » Positive Feedback Online
Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4023 is a reply to message #4022] Sun, 24 December 2006 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I understand what you're saying. I guess in my own experience I'm picky on both fronts, although I'll never be able to afford a real "high-end" system and just do the best I can with what I have. My guitar rig is definitely more $$$ than my stereo rig.

I like the 12B4 a lot. It does suprisingly well with the Pi Two towers and Heresy's alike. Not exceptionally loud through either, but loud enough for 99% of my listening. I'd really like to hear what it could do with some high sensitivity speakers like your K-horns. It's got remarkable bass for what it is. My Seduction is not happy being mated to the 12B4, unfortunately. I think a line stage between the Seduction and 12B4 would fix that. It seems like it just needs a little boost to get it there. I wish I had heard your 12B4 through your K-horns last year.

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4024 is a reply to message #4013] Sun, 24 December 2006 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Congratulations, Akhilesh!

Great to see your passion for audio finding another outlet, and one that will benefit many.

Very best wishes to you.

Duke

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4025 is a reply to message #4013] Mon, 25 December 2006 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, Akhilesh, that's so cool! Glad to see your input there!

Have a great Christmas and I hope to see you soon.

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4026 is a reply to message #4020] Mon, 25 December 2006 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm a professional musician (semi-retired now) and audiophile. I became both audiophile and beginning musician around age 12. They went hand in hand with each other.
I have known musicians who are real picky about their stage equipment and don't seem interested in playback equipment. I've also known about as many that are. Many of them became more interested when they started having recordings of themselves and their bands made. I think the spreading popularity of home recording studios and small local studios may have a lot to do with so many local bands getting recordings done these days. Hearing them played at the studio on decent monitors and then going home and playing them on a typical department store system made many musicians start investigating better systems. I've noticed many local musicians now having home stereos that are much better than the typical musician had a decade ago. Maybe most haven't got into it to the point of trying tube amps and single driver speakers, as this isn't the hobby part of their musical interests, but they are a lot pickier than they used to be. I see it as spreading a bit more amoung musicians every year as more of them become exposed to good sounding systems and more are getting recordings made.

As a side note, one of the best local guitar players I know (he played in a band in the Vegas circuit a few years ago) has a high end stereo with a Counterpoint tube amp and Green Mountian Diamante speakers. Very nice sounding rig!

Dave

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4027 is a reply to message #4013] Mon, 25 December 2006 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Very cool! Good luck with this.

Dave

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4028 is a reply to message #4025] Mon, 25 December 2006 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You too Wayne. Merry Christmas to you & the family!
Let's have one of our get togethers soon! I know Mark was talkng about it.
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4029 is a reply to message #4027] Mon, 25 December 2006 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Dave.
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4030 is a reply to message #4024] Mon, 25 December 2006 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks so much Duke. It's the good nature & humour(word used in the old fashioned sense) of folks like you that makes this fun!
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4031 is a reply to message #4026] Mon, 25 December 2006 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That's cool to hear, from the trenches, so to speak!
Are you still enjoying the Hawthore audio speakers?
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4032 is a reply to message #4031] Mon, 25 December 2006 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>Are you still enjoying the Hawthore audio speakers?
Previous Topic: Dear Santa list:
Next Topic: Happy New Year!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:37:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout