Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » thicker 2 pi
thicker 2 pi [message #40021] Thu, 23 January 2003 06:37 Go to next message
Colin is currently offline  Colin
Chancellor
Dear Wayne,
I've now got my drivers for the two pi towers, and I have obtained some 1" thick fine layer ply for the cabinets. The next question is what would be the port size for this thickness. Sorry to mess up your design but the ply was a very good deal, ie free.
I know they will be heavy, but I'am a big lad.
Many thanks,
Colin
Re: thicker 2 pi [message #40028 is a reply to message #40021] Thu, 23 January 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I built mine a little thicker and had the same questions. I grossed up each of the dimensions so the internal volume of the cab was the same, and the length of the port on the plans is from the front of the baffle to the back of the tube, so you just make the tube a little shorter.

Good luck!

the tower has no tube,...... [message #40029 is a reply to message #40028] Thu, 23 January 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscarl is currently offline  Oscarl
Chancellor
...but I guess the port hole in the back will have to be slightly bigger.
Go with 5" diameter port for 1" thick baffle [message #40030 is a reply to message #40029] Fri, 24 January 2003 00:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
When building tower two π speakers with a 1" thick baffle, you can cut a 5" diameter hole for a port and expect good results.
Previous Topic: 2 Pi's near a TV
Next Topic: Hey Wayne! Didn't Nelson Faraday invent Baseball? (Way too long)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 12:51:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio