Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I'm done the Altecs - how's the tube x-over coming?
Re: I'm done the Altecs - how's the tube x-over coming? [message #39895 is a reply to message #39885] Tue, 14 January 2003 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi bill, let me guess, you walked into barry falcon's store? i'm in toronto too. i'd love to hear your altec's. i'd like you to hear my karlson's and pi's. hope to get together soon.

cheers,

george

ok, folder w/ student version [message #39896 is a reply to message #39894] Tue, 14 January 2003 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
is sitting on my desktop. Do I download the pi files into the same folder? Yikes, there must be a gazillion pages in the documentation zip file. Sam
Falcon Audio [message #39897 is a reply to message #39895] Tue, 14 January 2003 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billfort is currently offline  billfort
Baron
Yes, you got it George - it was Barry. Was peeling off the 20's to pay his wife and heard Billie Holiday singing live by his workbench. Very strange guy in a non-typical audio store, using what for me at the time, was a strange approach to audio. The music I heard that day completely changed me.

I'd love to hear your Pi's/Karlson's and would like to get your opinion on the Altecs. We have to tip a few beers in Lima too.

Billfort

Re: Falcon Audio [message #39898 is a reply to message #39897] Tue, 14 January 2003 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi bill, that's cool! barry is known for restoring old tube table top radio's to new condition. he's a craftsman who takes his skill seriously. pop by my store some time. i've alway's got a project underway and would love to meet you. the store is Replay Electronics located at 1120 the queensway, 2 lights west of islington. the phone number is 416-251-9096.

cheers,

george

PSpice Setup [message #39900 is a reply to message #39896] Tue, 14 January 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You'll need to add the directory into your Spice libarary path. So in the "schematics" section, click "Analysis" and then "Library and Include Files." Add "Tube.lib" to allow Spice to find the 6DJ8 model template. Then just open the Active Crossover schematic in "Files - Open."

To plot a response graph, you will click "Analysis - Simulate," which will open the simulation window and show your response graphs. You can change component values by clicking on one (which will show it as being highlighted in red) and then click "Edit - Attributes." Change the "Value" field to change component values.

This will let you see the response graphs of this circuit with alternate components. You can do "what if" scenarios and pick the right components for your specific application.

Re: ok, folder w/ student version [message #39903 is a reply to message #39896] Wed, 15 January 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Am I missing something here? Do I just start the "install" function of the "Pspice update" in the download section? I don't see anything about a beta version.
tube is "missing" [message #39905 is a reply to message #39900] Wed, 15 January 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
from the schematic:) Can't seem to find the 6DJ8 symbol? I'm thinking the several unzips went into different folders or paths? When I open the "library and include files" all I have is two entries (one is tube.lib). Sam
Re: Dadoes for the bracing tell the story [message #39906 is a reply to message #39893] Wed, 15 January 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks Till - After seeing you're work, I'll take this as quite a compliment. Actually, I think it was a past post of your's somewhere that I used as a guide to working with the Watco oil finish.

See ya in Lima. Billfort

ok now. [message #39907 is a reply to message #39905] Wed, 15 January 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
but I sure wish I had not tweaked the schematic to death, then figured out it was "saving" the changes...anyway, seems to be functional, now the real learning curve starts :) Sam
Re: Great speakers [message #39914 is a reply to message #39885] Thu, 16 January 2003 18:24 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

Fine job. Nice design and execution. These are cool looking.
Are you happy with the way they sound for you

Bill

Previous Topic: JBL D130/075/N2400 Combo
Next Topic: Hey Replay, How'd you know I was doing a seminar tomorrow?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:42:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio