Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » what to do with my leftover Kappa 12"?
what to do with my leftover Kappa 12"? [message #39783] Wed, 08 January 2003 05:08 Go to next message
Erik from Holland is currently offline  Erik from Holland
Baron
Hi everybody,

Long time not heared from me, uh? Well i`m busy right now building some furniture for a friend off mine. He has an study-asisting intitute, and he needs to have new stuff for a self-study room. But i`m already planning on building something for myself again.

Last year i was planning to build some Pi`s with lexan-sheets, the ones you would not see, but will hear!!! But the price on building a pair would be more than 2000 dollars for only the sheets, that freaked me out! now way!

But now i have a new plan! i can make a pair of subs (down-firing), from thick glass. i contacted a glass-suplier and he told me that he could fix me a pair for somewhere around 200 dollar each. this would be a glass hat to be put on the part where you mount the speaker and port on. that part has to be put on spikes. I`m also planning on routing a ditch in the speakers plate, where i an make bright white leds that shine there light up into the glass.

But my question is... I still have a pair of left over Kappa 12" from the old serries. and i would like to build a pair of Pi`s from them. so wayne if i would do that, what do you reccomand?
I`m planning on using car-paint, and have them paint brushed.
They will be placed on top of the glass subs!

Could you also tell me if you could ship the missing part to do this to me in holland? (this would be the tweeters, flares, crossover, port, insulation and the PI logo). And what would be the costs on this, including the shipping?

Could you otherwise contact me by mail about this?

Thanks Erik,

erikenkim@hetnet.nl

Re: what to do with my leftover Kappa 12"? [message #39788 is a reply to message #39783] Wed, 08 January 2003 09:34 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Grab a copy of PiAlign and run the numbers on those Kappa's. As for the price of parts, you can find prices for everything listed on the π Speakers shopping cart. Just look up what you want in the "Parts and Options" section.
Previous Topic: any reccomend
Next Topic: 6DJ8 Tube Crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 11:27:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout