Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » An Inadvertent Christmas Present?
An Inadvertent Christmas Present? [message #39587] Tue, 24 December 2002 03:44 Go to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Having recently completed (but not "finished") my Two Pi's, I placed them in the basement yesterday morning to break in the drivers, replacing a pair of RS speakers in a system I put together for my wife to listen to while on the treadmill. Although the space is terrible (unfinished basement: lots of concrete and cinder block), I didn't even try to set up the speakers properly (one on floor,the other on a rickety cabinet), and I'm still playing with the port length (my mother in law threw out the cardboard tubes, thinking they were trash, so I'm improvising), my wife returned from her late-afternoon basement run to declare that she was thrilled with the speakers -- the none-too-subtle message being that it would be very nice if I left them in the basement for her use.

What's a poor guy to do? Aha, a double opportunity! An extra Christmas present and an excuse to have to build another pair, or even those Four Pis I'm lusting after. An extra bonus: as my woodworking skills improve (first woodworking project since I built a shoeshine box in fourth grade), my second attempt should be better than my first.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

oops, you discovered "the secret" [message #39593 is a reply to message #39587] Tue, 24 December 2002 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
to peaceful coexistence between your audio obsession, and spouse:) My wife made a similar declaration..."I was not to touch" HER speakers in the bedroom, the pioneer full range TQWT's. Recently I "lent" her my quasi-4 Pi Pro's as HT fronts, driven by a vintage pioneer integrated amp I had no other place to store, besides the shelf under the TV:)...all she ever wanted was "sat radio" with no commercials, now her life is perfect, HA. Except I need to run it into her sewing room too, OOPS, NOW WE NEED ANOTHER PAIR OF SPEAKERS, honey...I love the smell of sawdust, IT SMELLS LIKE VICTORY to me. Sam
Re: An Inadvertent Christmas Present? [message #39595 is a reply to message #39587] Tue, 24 December 2002 10:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you need another port duct, I've got plenty. You can also get them locally at places that sell things for architects like drafting tables and what not. The tubes are sold for mailing and storing blueprints, and are often called "mailing tubes."
Previous Topic: Hows everyone making out for Christmas?
Next Topic: What's going on in Pi world, eh?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 10:34:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio