Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info
Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39399] Mon, 09 December 2002 12:17 Go to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Wayne has indicated that he will be able to attend this year, which'll be great.
It looks like we'll put Bill Martinelli in Suite 501 and Wayne in 504. This leaves 502 and 503 open for Till and Replay!!! Ron Semega will be in 505, which is just around the corner. 501 thru 504 are together on one hall on the front of the hotel.
ANYway, in spite of the "Charlie Stuangstabalacks" of the world, I'm starting to get pumped for a good time. I have made up my crown and title for the event, borrowed from Charlie, and it will be
"stupid douche-bag extraordinaire" Whaddaya think, good?! HAR!

So, here's the poop. I'm just starting to get the website up to speed, but we'll have some good people there, and good gear. Edgar indicates that Steve Schell and ESO from the HE forum will attend. We are working on a "prominent JBL speaker designer" to see if he'll attend, too.
Don McRitchie, nice guy and www.lansingheritage.org webmaster, will be there with a presentation.
Indeed, it looks like we'll have a boatload of talks, including from Wayne, and John Hasquin, so there'll be plenty of info floating around. I'm still looking for someone willing to bring a good Khorn system; any ideas? Also maybe an Oris system, since people ask aobut it now and then...........John Wolff will bring his newly updated CAR speakers (www.classicaudiorepro.com)T1.
Avant Garde has not returned any emails and I'm told through the grapevine that they don't feel our crowd is their audience. Pity; I think they are a bit wrong about that, but that's okay.
Anyway, for more info, see the website, which will be getting updated weekly/daily. Make your room reservations NOW, $69 per night, by calling 419-228-7000. Ask for Angie, but if she's not in, just deal with whomever answers.
More soon. Check website weekly!!

Great to hear there's a part deux. [message #39400 is a reply to message #39399] Mon, 09 December 2002 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

Hi Mike.

I know it was a lot of work to put together last year.

For any one that didn't make it last year it's a great way to see a lot of speakers and meet a lot of people at the same time.

Thanks Mike,

Grant.

Re: Great to hear there's a part deux. [message #39401 is a reply to message #39400] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Yeah, frankly I was real close to saying "nah, I'll just pass on it this year" but I think it will be better in several respects, when all the attendees/exhibitors are on board. I won't stretch myself as thin, and we have some more "heavyweights" to attend this year. All in all, I just didn't want to pass up the opportunity for us to get together and have a good time.
Re: Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39402 is a reply to message #39399] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm excited about this deal too. But I agree with you - I don't particularly care for the place to turn into an unpleasant penis-envy thing. That stuff that goes on over at the "other place" has really turned my stomach over the last year or year and a half, as you and I have discussed privately. Two types really get my goat: The P.T. Barnum style make-something-that-isn't-there, more-show-than-substance type and the Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber) hit-and-run type. Perhaps I should find a way to be more tolerant of these kinds of people, and to walk away. But those have just always been pet-peeves of mine.
Well, what you'll find [message #39403 is a reply to message #39402] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
is just a really good bunch of dudes having a good time. We're setting things up to avoid the envy scenario. Anyway, the size and diversity of the event helps mitigate any one person or idea from being too dominant.
MBB
...is a great time with you and everyone else! [message #39406 is a reply to message #39403] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I expect you're right, that it will be a good time for all!!!

And by the way, how'd you like that Unabomber quiz?

Re: ...is a great time with you and everyone else! [message #39411 is a reply to message #39406] Mon, 09 December 2002 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I flunked it, 50%; I figured most of them were by Gore. No Gore fan, here!
Re: Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39412 is a reply to message #39399] Mon, 09 December 2002 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi Mike,

Cool beans. It was a good time last year and i'm sure you will have even better things lined up for this year. Chris and I are both looking forward to going.

Bill

Re: Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39413 is a reply to message #39412] Mon, 09 December 2002 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Just tonight, even, we're working on a pretty cool lineup of all-stars to keynote the event........we'll see..........
Re: Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39414 is a reply to message #39399] Mon, 09 December 2002 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi mike, save me one of those rooms. make sure it has 8 ashtrays and a large fridge. better still a garbage can filled with ice. in reference to khorns, do you mean klipsch or karlson?. i've got my karlson's sounding pretty impressive now. lush, with deep bass and liquid highs. it's a hassle taking them back & forth across the border. i'd schlepp them to lima but bringing them back requires too much paperwork. a raffle would be good or maybe romy will buy them. they have some unique qualities and now that the x-over and pre-amp are fixed they sound swell. playing jazz on them is like entering a time machine. bmar did a hell of a job on the cabinets. maybe bmar will feel like building another pair and bringing them down. i need all the room in my truck to load up on norh speakers for the ride home. i sold out in a week. anyways it will be cool to meet wayne and party with everyone.

cheers,

george
12awg concealed in garden hose and priced at $50 ft sounds best. really!!

Previous Topic: who kidnapped adam?
Next Topic: What's your cure for daily 8 hours of Christmas music, I'm listening to...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 27 17:32:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio