Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Paramours
Paramours [message #39006] Mon, 11 November 2002 10:28 Go to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Hey Wayne,
Did you ever get your Paramours?
I got mine up and running last week and they sound great! I hope to have Two Pi's finished around Turkey Day.

David

Re: Paramours [message #39009 is a reply to message #39006] Mon, 11 November 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
No, I haven't received my Paramours yet. You know, Dan is kinda slow, and he warns you to expect that when you order. But EZ_Angus is practically a neighbor of mine and he ordered his just a little earlier than I did and got his last week. So I suspect mine is soon to come.
Re: Paramours [message #39010 is a reply to message #39009] Mon, 11 November 2002 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Well Wayne,
I have been a major SLACKER! Two Pi's not done yet... I live in a small apartmment so these projects take a little planning. Basically I have to get down to my stepdad's wood shop in CT (2hrs away) for a long weekend. I'm still torn between the Tower or the regular Studio box. as you may remember I got both plans from you.
I had a chance to hear John Lapair's 2's at the New England Bot meeting, though briefly due to the presence of the mighty Karlsons with the Martinelli horns :)

David

Re: Paramours! [message #39011 is a reply to message #39006] Mon, 11 November 2002 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
You're in for a treat! I'm listening to Django on new Paramours and PiTwo's right now, and it's a marriage made in heaven. I was wondering how they'd sound after Adcom pre and power amps, and there's no comparison at all. Incredible bass, definition, and imaging.

Wayne, I'm waiting for you to get your Paramours up and running, cause I figure after a few weeks you'll be able to recommend the ultimate Pi setup for them. Also, I don't feel any need to upgrade right now- enjoying it too much.

What Preamp are you guys using with you Paramours? nt [message #39012 is a reply to message #39011] Mon, 11 November 2002 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
nt
Foreplay <nt> [message #39014 is a reply to message #39012] Mon, 11 November 2002 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edwin is currently offline  Edwin
Baron
Re: What Preamp are you guys using with you Paramours? nt [message #39015 is a reply to message #39012] Mon, 11 November 2002 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
None right now- I've plugged a Njoe Tjoeb 4000 directly into the Paramours. It's set at a 2.5v output, so it's plenty on its own. Using the volume control in the CDP.
Re: Paramours [message #39017 is a reply to message #39010] Tue, 12 November 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
David,

I've been listening to John's 2's at length on 18" stands, and getting the midpoint between the tweeter and the woofer up around ear level is really nice. The reason I mention that is because the Tower version would accomplish that in addition to the other changes it offers without the expense of separate stands.

Have you seen the pix of the 2 Towers on Bill M's site? Really sweet!

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Foreplay too (nt) [message #39019 is a reply to message #39012] Tue, 12 November 2002 06:49 Go to previous message
Viscount
Previous Topic: Pi-4 pros - pix!
Next Topic: pi's and tubes, why different than sand?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:53:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio