Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Over the Falls!
Over the Falls! [message #38710] Fri, 18 October 2002 08:31 Go to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Wayne, Bill M, et al,

Wayne, thanks for the Studio Two and Two Tower Plans. I've decided I'd like to build something with compression drivers and the horn parked on top. Then I fell over woodhorn.com, which showed some of your stuff with his (freakin' gorgeous!) horns on top.

I'm wondering what driver in which of his horns would be most suitable for a 2A3 or 45 amp. (Currently Wanna Glows - mutated Paramours which may become a 45 amp), on top of which of your cabinets/drivers?

I'm wondering if the Studio Two or 2 Tower makes sense, or if I should go to the Thermionic Three. I don't want to go waayy huge, but I do need efficiency.

It also occurs to me that if the Studio 2's are a good choice, one could start with the Twos, then add the horns later, disconnecting the Piezo or crossing it over as a super tweet. . . .
Keep your ears and your mind open.

Re: Over the Falls! [message #38712 is a reply to message #38710] Fri, 18 October 2002 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Hi Dave,

If you want, I'll loan you my Studio 2s after the November meet. You can take them apart or whatever.

Just a thought.

John

Re: Over the Falls! [message #38714 is a reply to message #38712] Fri, 18 October 2002 11:25 Go to previous message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
John,

You, sir, are a prince. I may just take you up on that.

Thanks!

:-)
Keep your ears and your mind open.

Previous Topic: 4Pi Theatre vs 4Pi Pro
Next Topic: A Question About Reflex Ports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:27:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio