Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Delta or Alpha?
Delta or Alpha? [message #38544] Wed, 02 October 2002 13:38 Go to next message
Mike is currently offline  Mike
Chancellor
Hi,

A friend of mine recommended pi speakers. Unfortunately, I'm on a budget. Is the Eminence Delta version of the 4pi worth the extra money compared to the Alpha version?

Thanks alot, Mike

Re: Delta or Alpha? [message #38551 is a reply to message #38544] Wed, 02 October 2002 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Hi Mike,
IMHO go with the Delta woofers. Besides being more efficient for low power amps, they can also handle about three times the power of the Alpha series. That makes them a more flexible match for changes in the rest of your system as you upgrade components. The speaker boxes will be smaller too.
Take care,
Steve
Re: Delta or Alpha? [message #38553 is a reply to message #38544] Thu, 03 October 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Do you have the room for the Thermionics? Another thought is that the cost of materials for the larger boxes might be more than the ~$30 difference for the Deltas.
I admit I'm biased because I know how hard the Theater 4s can hit and how far down the neighborhood you have to go before the sound starts to fade. Very good manners indoors with flea-power amps, too.

John

Re: Delta or Alpha? [message #38554 is a reply to message #38551] Thu, 03 October 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently offline  Mike
Chancellor
Thanks for the advice. 3 times more power is a lot for $30. I noticed other people were requesting plans. Can I see the plans for the 4pi with the Delta drivers? My email address is: melomonica@hotmail.com

Thanks, Mike

You've got mail! [message #38555 is a reply to message #38554] Thu, 03 October 2002 11:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: now i know why a stradavarius is made from wood.......
Next Topic: argg! paint(?) flaking from H290's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 16:50:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout