Home » Audio » General » Wayne, have you been hacking?
Wayne, have you been hacking? [message #3806] Fri, 06 October 2006 10:52 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Audio Asylum down 2 days....

Good [message #3807 is a reply to message #3806] Fri, 06 October 2006 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
nt

Lots of sites hit-or-miss [message #3808 is a reply to message #3806] Fri, 06 October 2006 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The past couple of days the internet has been acting kinda of funny. Connections have been slow or non-existant. I lost out on an ebay bid yesterday becasue of this. I was pissed.....C

Is This Site Safe? [message #3809 is a reply to message #3806] Sat, 07 October 2006 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I heard somewhere all the locks at the Asylum are electronic, which means the inmates are free to roam whenever the server's down. Isn't anybody concerned that some of them might come here?

Re: Is This Site Safe? [message #3810 is a reply to message #3809] Sat, 07 October 2006 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Nah, most of them are benign. Those that aren't wouldn't come here anyway Just in case I'm wearing my tinfoil hat until the coast is clear. Which will be a long time since the coast is 185 miles from here.

Re: I'm A Loose Inmate: [message #3812 is a reply to message #3809] Sat, 07 October 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinylly is currently offline  Vinylly
Chancellor
And I am here. What happened at the Asylum?, I need my meds bad!
The only reason I found out about this site is when I was reading Stereophile's review of the Yamamoto A-08 as I am a mad SET-ophile myself.

Yamamoto A-08 [message #3814 is a reply to message #3812] Sat, 07 October 2006 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That's the amp I'm running. I've got a deHavilland Verve up front and Altec Magnificents behind. Pretty sweet (but there is always better )

Re: You Probably Never Heard Of Mine: [message #3817 is a reply to message #3814] Sat, 07 October 2006 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
It's made by TS Audio of Thailand and came with Russian 300B tubes which I replaced with 300B chinese 'meshplates'. TS Audio is probably a very small one-man operation but after looking inside, he's done a fine job of hand wiring and has used fine quality ALPS pots. It's a fun amp for tube rolling. Using it on my Spendor S100's, I'm always amazed what it can do with vocal singers, Cassandra Wilson can actually seem like she's sitting in your lap. -And it is quiet.

Is it the GlowMaster? [message #3824 is a reply to message #3817] Mon, 09 October 2006 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You're right. I've never heard of TS Audio. Do you have the GlowMaster or one of the custom jobs? Either way, very nice looking gear. So, how's the soundstage when Cassandra's on your lap? I think this would be a little too forward ....Colin

Re: Is it the GlowMaster? [message #3831 is a reply to message #3824] Mon, 09 October 2006 19:26 Go to previous message
Chancellor
I'm exagerating a bit about Cassandra but I'm always amazed how a SET amp can give real deminsional body and presense to a vocalist, -that's their strong point. TS Audio is probably a much smaller operation then the SILK you have the website for, infact I doubt if they has a website.

Previous Topic: Houston Audio Society - October 14th
Next Topic: Bleeder Resistors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 17:18:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout