Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Who was it didn't have enough bass with 4's and 'Mours?
Who was it didn't have enough bass with 4's and 'Mours? [message #38094] Wed, 28 August 2002 15:03 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It just occurred to me that I have a different crossover construction than most of youse guys. The tweeter attenuation thingy on the Theatres is a single 12 watt 15 Ohm Mills wirewound not the array of cement ones and whatever the proper value Auricap.
I know the Auricap enhanced the bass on the Foreplay so maybe I have sufficient, and then some, bass because of the aforementioned Auricaps.
Or maybe not.WTFDIK
Re: Who was it didn't have enough bass with 4's and 'Mours? [message #38096 is a reply to message #38094] Wed, 28 August 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The value called for is 16 ohms, so your 15 ohm part is within tolerance and will work just fine. We glob 'em together just to increase power handling, but your Paramours will only muster a couple of watts. You could have used little half watt resistors and probably been OK.

How are your two π's comin'? I wanna see some pics!

That was me... [message #38101 is a reply to message #38094] Thu, 29 August 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Actually, the Paramours are now sitting in a friend's system. I sold them and bought ASL Wave 8's and a table saw. Showing my wife that there would be no excess money going out was about the only way to pull off getting a decent saw. The Wave's are sounding quite nice now with Svet tubes and the Auricap upgrade.

Kevin

I Commented over on the Bottlehead Forum... [message #38103 is a reply to message #38094] Thu, 29 August 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
...in responce to someones comment about weak bass, that I was finding the bass a bit boomy and less than taught, though I should have said there was plenty of it. Just not of the best quality. Probably most of the problem is room related. I am currently trying 23ohms of Mills 12watters in place of the 15 ohms Mills I originally had in there. Those Auricaps are great, aren't they?! Adding additional capacitance (100uF/450V instead of 47uF) to the PS of the Paramours seems to tighten up the bass a bit. Also, the Mod to the Paramours described by VoltSecond a few weeks ago seems to add more detail across the board, including the bass. FWIW, some of the improvement may be coming from the new 2004Jr OPT's breaking in.

Have a good Holiday, Bill

G.

Re: That was me... [message #38104 is a reply to message #38101] Thu, 29 August 2002 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Kevin,
Am I to believe that you would give up the Paramour's for ASL 8 watters???? I have been thinking about a pair of them for my 4-pi's and PE's sub-plate amp with pair of 15's in dual cabinet for 40 hz and below. Please tell me when you get the ASL's how you like them and what speakers you are driving with them. Thanks,
Ron
Re: That was YOU, not the system, lacking bass, dude...N/T [message #38105 is a reply to message #38101] Thu, 29 August 2002 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
n/t
How does the table saw sound? nt [message #38111 is a reply to message #38101] Thu, 29 August 2002 13:40 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
nt
Previous Topic: 2-Pi tower plans
Next Topic: 20,000 watt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:38:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio