Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone want to donate?
Anyone want to donate? [message #37699] Thu, 08 August 2002 07:07 Go to next message
pickle is currently offline  pickle
Chancellor
Some speakers for kids classroom?
Re: Anyone want to donate? [message #37703 is a reply to message #37699] Thu, 08 August 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you will send me the school's address, I'll send a pair of two π kits. I'd really appreciate some photos showing the speakers and how they are used in the classroom.
Re: Anyone want to donate? [message #37704 is a reply to message #37703] Thu, 08 August 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Awesome, excellent! They may need to rig up a pencil/finger proof grill, eh?
Re: Anyone want to donate? [message #37706 is a reply to message #37704] Thu, 08 August 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think that PA-style round mesh grills would be sufficient. I expect Parts Express probably has them.
Re: Anyone want to donate? [message #37708 is a reply to message #37706] Thu, 08 August 2002 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
Thanks again. It's cool to think they will be hearing some decent tunes instead of something lesser. Thanks.
Hey Wayne, You're a pretty cool dude! [message #37714 is a reply to message #37699] Thu, 08 August 2002 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Samuelson is currently offline  Bob Samuelson
Esquire
As I see it, BrassMonkey was definately not looking for a hand out. He just wanted some ideas on the cheap. Then the well respected mikebake posted on your board looking for someone with some extra speakers that were collecting dust in someone's basement. You spoke up and offered a kit pair of 2pis. Now I realize that you no doubt do a pretty good volume of business so the donation is certainly not a huge financial outlay on your part buy hey that's not the point at all. My wife and I thank you very much for stepping up so that children will be "richer."

An hour ago I read BrassMonkey's post to my wife and then explained what you doing to help those kids. She shed a little tear and then we had a very enriching conversation about generousity, kids and audio. Thanks again.

Bob Samuelson

PS - I'm only 10 years old and my parents are poor dirt farmers. Our audio system is an old clock radio with holes and tears in the 2" speaker. Daddy stole it from Army when he was in Nam. Now "there's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes."
I love you Big Guy. :-)

Re: Hey Wayne, You're a pretty cool dude! [message #37715 is a reply to message #37714] Thu, 08 August 2002 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Ten, huh? Sure hope you're enjoying that nice clock radio. Does it have tubes? Did you know I collect old radios, Bobby? Why don't you send it to me and we'll see what we can do about fixing Daddy's arm.
:-)
Bobby, do you like Gladiator movies? [message #37723 is a reply to message #37715] Thu, 08 August 2002 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
nt
must be a relative of Sam Stone, [message #37727 is a reply to message #37714] Fri, 09 August 2002 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
"sweet songs never last too long on broken radios"
John Prine
True, a very cool dude. [message #37739 is a reply to message #37714] Fri, 09 August 2002 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BrassMonkey is currently offline  BrassMonkey
Esquire

I was just asking for some advice on a cheap way to get music into these kids' lives. Today is the first day of class for them, and we should have a 'proper' music class together within 2 weeks. I remember my growing interest in music as a child, playing my horn, going to free concerts in the park, and the first time I ever heard 'hi-fi'. Music changed my life and has made me a better person. I'm certain that it has had the same effects on everyone who reads this.

Everyone should take Wayne's example and give a little of our love back into the greater community. Please, we all owe it to ourselves and each other.

I will definitely post some pictures of the finished speakers in the class.

Thank you Wayne.

Previous Topic: Wayne, you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic: What I'm hearing from 3677s in place of Theatre 4???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:41:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio