Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Studio 2 WOW!!!
Pi Studio 2 WOW!!! [message #37587] Wed, 31 July 2002 13:42 Go to next message
CyberSlacker is currently offline  CyberSlacker
Esquire
finished em last night, VERY KOOL !!
UNBELIEVABLE sound for the price.
what a deal.
i have heard speakers costing 1k that can't compete with em

25 watts of tube power is plenty, and i am a rocker.

you are really missing out if you don't use em with tubes.

questions welcome, mark

ps: i used 3/4" MDF

Re: Pi Studio 2 WOW!!! [message #37593 is a reply to message #37587] Thu, 01 August 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
I'd just like to see some pictures. Did you veneer? Did you buy the kit, or did you get all of the parts yourself?

Kevin

Re: Im confused? [message #37609 is a reply to message #37587] Fri, 02 August 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Parker is currently offline  Jerry Parker
Baron
"25 watts of tube power is plenty, and i am a rocker.

you are really missing out if you don't use em with tubes.

"

I dont understand, why would they sound bad with a transistor based amplifier? This concerns me, as I have heard a pair of the 1pi's and they sounded great, but they were run off a transistor amplifier. Would the sound be a lot better with a tube amp? What about the tube amp makes it better?

Re: Im confused? [message #37610 is a reply to message #37609] Fri, 02 August 2002 08:20 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Jerry,
Not to worry, tube amp lovers find the sound of a low powered tube amp to sound almost the equal of a solid state amp that is as much as 5 times as much wattage. I myself, if Ohio was not already 90 degrees in the shade as it has been, I too would be running tubes. I will wait for wintertime so my AC has a fighting chance. I am using a Marantz 2215B receiver that is rated at 15 watts per channel and will tell you I prefer its sound to my 200-250 watt per channel amps on my 4 Pi-pro's. The low powered (less than 20wpc) Marantz have a (almost) tubelike sound quality to them. Tube amps have the ability to reproduce all the notes at a lower wattage level, while solid state you usually have to turn up the wattage to have all the music sound at a even level. Anyways, what I am trying tyo say is, enjoy your solid state amp, but if you should come across a 5 to 30 watt tube amp, you might start joining in on the praises of VACUM TUBES also.
Regards, Capt Ron
Previous Topic: Active crossover for 4Pi with 2235 Pi sub
Next Topic: Box finished in formica
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 23:01:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers