Home » Audio » General » Lone Star Bottleheads - Sunday, Sept 10th
Lone Star Bottleheads - Sunday, Sept 10th [message #3697] Mon, 04 September 2006 14:44 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Lone Star Bottleheads will meet Sunday, September 10 from 12 noon until six o'clock in Round Rock, near Austin. See the link below for directions to the meeting, the LSB forum, and pictures from our past meetings. First time visitors are especially welcome at our meetings.

Re: Lone Star Bottleheads - Sunday, Sept 10th [message #3698 is a reply to message #3697] Mon, 04 September 2006 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Hopefully I can make that one. I have lots of stuff going on these days, but it's just up the road from where I'm staying in Austin.

Re: Lone Star Bottleheads - Sunday, Sept 10th [message #3699 is a reply to message #3698] Tue, 05 September 2006 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hope you can make it. For this meetng I plan to bring my latest version of the Studio One Pi tower, which includes the kits I bought from you in a 38", two cu ft tower enclosure, with upgraded crossover parts (Mills resistor, Erse 14 ga perfect lay inductor, Clarity SA cap), and bi wire speaker terminals.

I also plan to bring a pair of speaker cables I recently bought from a new seller. Compared to the Royal brand OFC cable I was using, these lift at least two or three of the proverbial veils from the treble. I was a confirmed cable agnostic until I heard these, and I never ralized how good that Vifa tweeter really is until I heard it with the Clarity cap, silver plated teflon insulated copper internal wire, and the new speaker cables.

Everybody else is invited too!

I'm there too [message #3700 is a reply to message #3697] Tue, 05 September 2006 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wardsweb is currently offline  wardsweb
Baron
I'm bringing some of my standards; Bottlehead S.E.X amp and LM3875 chip amp. I think I'll bring the speakers I got from Fred too.

"High efficiency speaker incorporating an Eminence Alpha 8 woofer and a GR Research T-6 tweeter in a 1.5 cu ft tower enclosure. Nominal impedance is 8 ohms, sensitivity is about 95dB. First order crossover. The enclosure is tuned to 54hz using a 4" id port."

Pictures Are Now On Line [message #3726 is a reply to message #3697] Tue, 12 September 2006 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
See the link below:

Re: Pictures Are Now On Line [message #3733 is a reply to message #3726] Tue, 12 September 2006 21:21 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Super deal, Fred. Thanks for the link!

I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. For some reason, I thought this was the week Melissa and I would both be here and we could come to the meeting. But that's next week. See you in Dallas next weekend.

Previous Topic: Great Plains Audio Club meeting tomorrow
Next Topic: Loudspeaker Challenge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:46:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout