Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What kinds of caps and coils do most of you use for Pi xovers?
What kinds of caps and coils do most of you use for Pi xovers? [message #36772] Tue, 04 June 2002 21:17 Go to next message
RyanH is currently offline  RyanH
Chancellor
I'm building a 2 way with Kappa 15LFA's and Selenium D205Ti's and am using the Pi 1.6k xover and I need to order the parts. What kind of caps do most of you use? Also, what size coils (guage) and type (air core, laminate, Erse Super Q)? I was thinking of ordering Solen caps and standard 16 or 18 guage air core inductors. Thanks!
--Ryan
Re: What kinds of caps and coils do most of you use for Pi xovers? [message #36774 is a reply to message #36772] Tue, 04 June 2002 21:57 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Ryan!

You wrote:

>> I'm building a 2 way with Kappa 15LFA's and Selenium D205Ti's and
>> am using the Pi 1.6k xover and I need to order the parts. What kind
>> of caps do most of you use?

I use polypropylene film and metal foil caps and non inductive resistors. I also use air core coils when I can, but some of the larger coils are laminates. Those Erse coils are nice, Jantzen's are good for smaller values. Solen caps will work just fine.

To make things easy, you can use the Eminence PX-BII1K6 crossover as a base unit, and build a cable assembly including R1, R2 and C1 for the tweeter, and another with R3 and C5 for the woofer.

Take care!

Wayne

Previous Topic: RF interference?
Next Topic: Space problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 22 19:13:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers