Home » Audio » General » This forum is officially re-named
This forum is officially re-named [message #3669] Thu, 31 August 2006 10:02 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Peter Aczel Adoration Forum. We will be taking donations to erect a statue and drinks will be served in the lobby.

Re: This forum is officially re-named [message #3683 is a reply to message #3669] Thu, 31 August 2006 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
The drinks wouldn't be Hemlock cocktails would they?

Re: This forum is officially re-named [message #3684 is a reply to message #3683] Thu, 31 August 2006 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is that like a sex-on -the-beach?

Who is Peter Aczel? [message #3686 is a reply to message #3669] Thu, 31 August 2006 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
From what I gather so far he is/was some sort of reviewer who crapped in his nest by touting a product he had financial interests in? Is he the only one to ever do this? So now he's back reviewing and I take it some folk haven't forgotten the past?

Being ignorant I could never see why anyone capable of independant thought would pay attention to any reviewer other than when they talked about tangible things like build quality, price, features etc. Since we all hear differntly I don't care a whit what anyone else hears when it comes to a component I'm thinking about buying for my system. I want to hear it for myself first.

I remember when I went to a little audio get together and heard my first T-amp. I'd read and heard people singing it's praises and when I heard it I was totally underwhelemed. Which just illustrates my point about all of us hearing differently. The folks there thought it sounded great. To them it did ; to me it sounded sterile and one dimensional.

No wait, I'm one dimensional Or is that delusional?

Re: Who is Peter Aczel? [message #3687 is a reply to message #3686] Fri, 01 September 2006 07:12 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Being Ignorant? Don't be so hard on yourself.
Peter Aczel is an opportunist who plays the favorites at his discretion to make a buck. I don't know what all this adulation is but it smacks of sychophantic attachment disorder. We have plenty of individuals here on ART who have better street cred than him; but everyone wants to be the one to show and tell.
It's a herd mentality where people flock to a so-called, "expert" and align themselves with his "teachings".

Previous Topic: Still Can't Get A response On why Guitar Players know what sounds good.
Next Topic: Can someone help me critique this theory I have been formulating?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:41:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio