Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Had a trill last night...
Had a trill last night... [message #36120] Sat, 27 April 2002 07:08 Go to next message
Erik from Holland is currently offline  Erik from Holland
Baron
Remember i told about drumsolo on Dire Straights cd..
Thought it wasn`t on that cd...
It was.. first number..calling elvis..10 min long

Placed my entire set in the stable and puched it to the limit on it..

It was beyond chess-pounding, my whole body was schaking on this number, and then the drum solo...oef!

Any other sugestions for a good thrill??

Greetings Erik

try Stevie Ray Vaughan at 110dB [message #36123 is a reply to message #36120] Sat, 27 April 2002 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
if you need a religious experience to convert you to Pi-ousness. At that SPL, input power is only about 10 watts...they will handle over 400 RMS...all day (and NIGHT!) long.

As it is, I have never yet reached an input power level near 60 watts...my baby amp "1% distortion" lights have never come on...and the SPL gets too loud even with 30dB muffs. Wife at the kitchen table 30 feet away remarked how clear/distortionless it sounded when running at 100dB :) At 110dB, I expected plaster to fall, but none did. I try keeping them hooked to the fisher tubes so my roof will stay up, but "horsepower" can be addictive...this weekend they are being "tickled" by a 200wpc sand amp so we can hear music in the back yard. Music AND sunshine for everyone! Sam

Re: Roger Waters, Amused to Death [message #36126 is a reply to message #36123] Sat, 27 April 2002 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi sam and Erik
I always use SRV as one of the new system test. listening to calling elvis now.
try Roger Waters for some nice stereo seperation and sound staging.
this is one weird cd but the guy is a master at putting your system to the test and showing it off.
bill

we dig Waters work a lot here, [message #36129 is a reply to message #36126] Sat, 27 April 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Amused to Death is played weekly! Pepper the cattle dog enjoys anything with barking, but you should see her come to "full attack alert" when a phantom dog seems to be barking in the room with us. Her nape stands up and she acts ten foot tall and bulletproof.

Oh man, that ferrari just drove thru my living room wall...

what generational gap? Dark Side of the Moon was a new vinyl release when I was in school. Dot.com daughter stole my copy when she moved to the left coast(SF). PJHarvey was what she left in my CD after the last visit. I kept my two copies of DSOTM locked up this time! Oh yeah, the coolest record store was in the Haight up the street from her apartment...Amoeba Records? Sam

Re: we dig Waters work a lot here, [message #36132 is a reply to message #36129] Sat, 27 April 2002 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I like Waters, but I don't think he's anything special without the rest of Floyd.

Perhaps I'm biased against him because I hold Pink Floyd dear to my heart like the love of a good woman, and he tried to screw over the band members when he left.

Adam

Re: we dig Waters work a lot here, [message #36135 is a reply to message #36132] Sat, 27 April 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
there are some who would say that pink floyd would be none with out Waters. i'm not so sure on dark side, but the Wall, which was quite popular was primarely a works by Waters. KAOS is probably my favorite.

OK, so this is NOT to start a fight about floyd vrs waters. just an opinion!

Bill

Adam, any idea where i can get a plan for a small scale pet launcher? would like to make something with the kids. toss of about 10 kilo 50 meter?

Re: we dig Waters work a lot here, [message #36138 is a reply to message #36135] Sat, 27 April 2002 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hmm, you might want to do a search for trebuchets on the net because I don't have any plans on my computer for something that sized.

Try http://www.trebuchet.com

However, the design you're looking for won't be easy to build.

Let me put it this way... My trebuchet took a year to build, weighs around a thousand pounds (with no counterweight), is ten meters tall, is presently equipped with an 800 pound counterweight and probably cost me two grand to build, with big-time discounts on the wood.

My trebuchet will throw a 10 kilogram weight about a hundred meters.

So the project you want to build is a fairly large undertaking.

My first trebuchet was about three meters tall and had maybe 50 kilograms of counterweight on it. I could throw half a brick about the distance you want (50m). That would be a much better 'family' project.

If you e-mail me, I can give you some general guidelines that might be helpful. I didn't listen to a lot of the advice people tried to give me on trebuchets when I first started building my big one, and as a result it's a piece of crap... hehe

Adam

trebuchet pictures [message #36139 is a reply to message #36138] Sat, 27 April 2002 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's some other pictures of the trebuchet:

http://enclave.hypermart.net/bird/trebuchet/

As you can see, it's pretty sloppy overall. I hope to start a new one late this summer, a slightly bigger, but much better built one with a much larger counterweight. I want to use that one to propose sponsership to local companies for a massive design with a hundred or so tons of counterweight.

Adam

Re: we dig Waters work a lot here,KAOS [message #36141 is a reply to message #36135] Sat, 27 April 2002 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mhammill is currently offline  mhammill
Chancellor
Huge differance between the cd and vinyl version of Radio KAOS. Take a wild guess as to witch one wins by a mile.

Mike H.

Kitty tossing? I'm up for that! ...MMMMEEEEEEOWWWW! [message #36143 is a reply to message #36135] Sat, 27 April 2002 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
nt
Previous Topic: Newbie Question
Next Topic: Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 23:08:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio