Home » Audio » General » The Hardest Thing To Learn
Re: The Hardest Thing To Learn [message #3599 is a reply to message #3578] Mon, 28 August 2006 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Doesn't everyone listen to the perfect reproduction? I agree with Charlie that the perfect cap in the xo is nirvana. You need the good wires, the right room treatment, better have some good power conditioning too. Does all this make for the perfect reproduction? I see it as yes and no. First off. Unless you sat in on the studio session, listened to it, and then listened to the fabrication of what went on the disk,,, and had a perfect memory to recall what you heard years later. Who's really to say if its the perfect reproduction? Do the artist know?

So does it matter? I don't think so. All jokes and cartoons aside. The folks looking or the perfect reproduction are looking for what they hear the perfect reproduction to be. Good for you if you need super cables, power cords and wires. Great for the guys who like single driver speakers, horns, planers and direct radiators. Do you like vinyl? CD? tube or solid state.

It all makes the perfect reproduction. If you like what you hear then the system you have is making the perfect reproduction of that particular cut/track/song. Keep going and keep searching. Your musical taste will change; so will your perception of what you hear. In fact, the band that recorded your perfect track hardly play it live the way as it was recorded.

Since music is an improvisation of the brains perception of how the body should play a musical instrument. Can one system be the best sounding to everyone? Keep upgrading, consolidating and revising. All the good people making amps, decks and speakers are willing to help everyone look for the perfection.

Re: And you really need to use time-aligned speakers too [message #3601 is a reply to message #3593] Tue, 29 August 2006 09:25 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
In what direction? Front, back, left, right? I want to try too.

Previous Topic: Sherwood SEL 400 volume potentiometer
Next Topic: GPAC Meeting September 9th
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:32:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout