Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » the right height for Pi 4
the right height for Pi 4 [message #36004] Wed, 17 April 2002 12:02 Go to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
can any one tell me what is the right height for my pi 4, i would like to make a stand for my pi 4
Re: the right height for Pi 4 [message #36005 is a reply to message #36004] Wed, 17 April 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Well, I don't know about a stand. It would have to be one mighty stand. I thought about putting "tip toes" under my Theater 4s, but I ended up just putting a strip of 3/4" mdf under the front baffle to prop it up and aim it a little more at ear level. Someone had posted this idea a couple weeks back, and it ended up making a notable difference, at least for me. Of course, that may just be the room.

Kevin

Re: the right height for Pi 4 [message #36009 is a reply to message #36004] Wed, 17 April 2002 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I built my Theater 4's with a ring of 3/4" plywood recessed around the base which raises the speakers about 1 1/2". Even so, I get best sound with the speaker propped up about an additional 3/4" in front. My guess would be that about a 3" total riser (horizontal) might be good for my listening room and chair. You can experiment by piling books or strips of wood underneath.

G.

Re: the right height for Pi 4 [message #36023 is a reply to message #36009] Wed, 17 April 2002 16:51 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Well, I'm contemplating taking the "pi plunge". I've been thinking about the 3pi Theater. I thought I'd read some posts that said the builder could alter the cabinet shape without a negative impact on the sound, so long as the same volume was kept. With that in mind, and the fact that the 3pi is (as I recall) 30" tall, I could make it 36" or 38" and just change the other dimensions, right? That would make the speaker a bit less bulky looking (short and squat) and bring it to the height that's being discussed here without a riser. What do you all think?
Steve
Previous Topic: Active Crossover Designs
Next Topic: Contemplation on combined Sensitivity(long)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:12:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio