Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tempting fate... I booked a room...for the AudioFest...
Tempting fate... I booked a room...for the AudioFest... [message #35629] Thu, 21 March 2002 17:23 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
at the Wingate. What battle did HE lose?
With all this talk of Pi's and crossovers and 4 ohm 2226's I wonder if I should just bring myself, my Paramours and new $8 super cables?
And I now have another $400 in the kitty after the sale of my HGA Silver Lace replaced by Kevin Haskins 'Superlative' I.C.'s and my Golden Double Helix replaced by the aforementioned wonders. Which are either the bargain of all time or a major POS, can't decide.
Looks like the Audio Fest will be a major opportunity to part with the dead presidents.
As Flounder, now known as Veer, once said, "Oh,Boy!"
Re: Tempting fate... I booked a room...for the AudioFest... [message #35630 is a reply to message #35629] Thu, 21 March 2002 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
the only thing i completely understand, is the flow of dead presidents from my pocket!
I'll be at the Wingate too.
is everyone going out to dinner friday night?
Re: Tempting fate... I booked a room...for the AudioFest... [message #35644 is a reply to message #35629] Fri, 22 March 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Have you decided? Are you takin' your Paramours and four π Speakers? That combination is the "hot ticket" these days, and I know people would love to hear yours!

George D. (Replay Electronics) and Bill M. (bmar) will be there for sure, but they won't have Theater Series four π's. They're bringing Bill's wood horn and some Professional Series four π

Naked on the streets of Lima [message #35657 is a reply to message #35644] Fri, 22 March 2002 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Until just a few minutes ago I had reservations about taking the system to the show. Buzzing right channel and audible hum on both including that nasty 60 cycle surging thing. 103db Pi's strip you naked in front of your peers.Oh the ridicule!
I had put the snubber on the High Voltage section and replaced unshielded Silver Lace I.C.'s with shielded one's from our friend Kevin Haskins (DIYCable.com). Better.
Tonight I shunted the dual mono attenuators and while I was in there re-heated some connections on the ground plane.
Quiet and oh so clean! Pi's never sounded better.
Now I can hold my head up in Gotham City.

Re: Naked on the streets of Lima [message #35658 is a reply to message #35657] Fri, 22 March 2002 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm glad you got the bugs out of your Paramours - That's a big deal. A person can feel a real sense of pride when they build a machine and it works well. I know everyone is going to be interested in your system.

Congratulations!

Re: Naked on the streets of Lima [message #35659 is a reply to message #35657] Fri, 22 March 2002 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
I'm very anxious to hear your rig. I am really interested in the tubes. been wondering about hum with the high eff driver too.
Living Vicariously [message #35661 is a reply to message #35657] Sat, 23 March 2002 04:16 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Bill,

Knock 'em out cold! Can't wait to hear your blow by blow account!

G.

p.s. Hum? What hum? Pi's and Bottlehead rule!

Previous Topic: Update for audiofest
Next Topic: Foldes Bass Horn plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 24 19:55:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout