Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » OK, enough lurking ... I want to try building the 3 and/or 4 pi -- Plans?
OK, enough lurking ... I want to try building the 3 and/or 4 pi -- Plans? [message #35558] Tue, 19 March 2002 05:56 Go to next message
krikor is currently offline  krikor
Baron
I've heard plans are available but I can't seem to find them on the pi site. Anyone know where to find?

Thanks.

Re: OK, enough lurking ... I want to try building the 3 and/or 4 pi -- Plans? [message #35559 is a reply to message #35558] Tue, 19 March 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Decide which model you'd like to build and let me know. I'll E-Mail you the plans immediately.

Theater 3pi ... difference with Thermionic 3pi? [message #35563 is a reply to message #35559] Tue, 19 March 2002 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
To keep the size down, I think I'll try the Theater 3pi. I didn't want to drop down to the 1pi or 2pi given that these use the Motorola piezoelectric tweeter ... this is based on the assumption that the Eminence titanium tweeter is a higher quality driver.

Also, what are the sound differences between the Thermionic and Theater systems? I notice that they use the Alpha and Delta Eminence woofers respectively.

Thanks!

Re: Theater 3pi ... difference with Thermionic 3pi? [message #35566 is a reply to message #35563] Tue, 19 March 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

>> To keep the size down, I think I'll try the Theater 3pi.

Excellent choice.

>> I didn't want to drop down to the 1pi or 2pi given that these use
>> the Motorola piezoelectric tweeter

Actually, the tweeter is excellent but the overall speaker design doesn't provide as much dynamic range or as deep bass as the larger speakers do.

>> Also, what are the sound differences between the Thermionic and
>> Theater systems?

They sound pretty similar, but the Thermionics can be used on tube amps while Theater Series three π speakers are not recommended with certain impedance-sensitive tube amps.

Re: Can you send Theater 3pi plans? Thanks! (nt) [message #35570 is a reply to message #35566] Tue, 19 March 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

You have mail [message #35571 is a reply to message #35570] Tue, 19 March 2002 12:56 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Reflex loaded w bins
Next Topic: finishing Theater 4s... questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 09:36:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers