Home » Audio » General » Ok, here are my thoughts on Peter Aczel and the Audio Critic Mag.
Re: Ok, here are my thoughts on Peter Aczel and the Audio Critic Mag. [message #3543 is a reply to message #3537] Tue, 22 August 2006 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So you listen to SET's becuase all the wierd curves and response graphs makes the " Music sound more natural to me? " I think you just shot yourself in the foot.

Re: Ok, here are my thoughts on Peter Aczel and the Audio Critic Mag. [message #3544 is a reply to message #3543] Tue, 22 August 2006 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sorry--this may be OT.

I don't know about SET's sounding more natural to me, but they tend to be more pleasing to listen to for the short listening sessions I get. I just don't understand the whole exact reproduction, clinical, technical disagreements that occur. If I don't like the way a system sounds, no matter how well it reproduces, then it's no good for me. Just me, someone else may find it perfect. I don't care if that means horrible curves, the worst measurements in the world, ugly as sin, and terrible response--if I like it then that's good enough for me. No one is gonna be listening to my system 99.9% of the time except me anyway and I'm not out to impress anyone else.

Allright, then - "incomplete idiot" [message #3545 is a reply to message #3542] Tue, 22 August 2006 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You are right, complete idiot can`t write at all...
And incomplete idiot writes about his incomplete experiences and with his incomplete technical knowledge in a absolute, lie/truth way, like he demonstrated in this stupid article.

Maybe some posts here should be MODERATED [message #3546 is a reply to message #3540] Tue, 22 August 2006 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Like the one above.
It's beginning to look more like the asylum. I thought this was a forum where all views would be tolerated. I think the moderator of this forum (whoever he is) needs to step in and make some decisions.
I am not sure if bashing industry folk and calling them idiots is what we want to be doing.
-akhilesh

I find it hurtful & insulting that if a certain magazine/product is recommended here [message #3548 is a reply to message #3545] Tue, 22 August 2006 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
by anyone, that it is called names by others.
I would request the moderator to think about changing/deleting these 2 posts that have stooped to name calling.
This is what keeps this from being an asylum.
And ensure people can post their ideas here without fear of ridicule.
Just my 2 cents. Rest is up to the MODERATOR of this forum (whoever he is).

-akhilesh

Yeah, it's name calling [message #3549 is a reply to message #3548] Tue, 22 August 2006 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you that there's some Aczel-bashing going on here. And I can see why you would take offense at that, 'cause you really like the magazine and Peter Aczel's writing style and his views.

To tell the truth, I guess I'm kind of a cynic too, 'cause I kind of agree with a lot of the rocks Aczel has thrown at the hifi business. I find myself sometimes thinking the same way. Makes me want to be sure to guard from getting too wrapped up in something, which I am prone to do. But enough introspection.

I got busy and didn't watch this thread develop. I don't know which of us is moderator here, and I can't look it up 'cause I'm not near the computer with the list. But I think it would probably be a tough call for whoever it is. I don't really know how I feel about it.

But likening this thread with the Asylum, now that's really stinky.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe we could cut Damir some slack. I think he means to say he "strongly disagrees", not really name calling. I shouldn't put words in his mouth, maybe he meant the strongest of insults. ("I shall fart in your general direction", to quote Monte Python) But you've seen his posts, and I think you'll agree that Damir is a moderate personality here.

Re: Yeah, it's name calling [message #3550 is a reply to message #3549] Tue, 22 August 2006 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good Wayne.
Thanks for the quick response on this.
I do find some of hte posts above (without taking names) rude and uncalled for. But I can live with it.
-akhilesh

Another consideration [message #3551 is a reply to message #3549] Tue, 22 August 2006 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It seems obvious to me (but, as everybody knows, I'm an idiot) that Damir is an ESL guy - he derserves the benefit of the doubt.

Something happened in the world while I was asleep [message #3552 is a reply to message #3546] Tue, 22 August 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It seems that today no slight is too insignificant to go unnoticed, unremarked or unavenged.

When did everybody's shorts start riding up at the slightest provocation?

Re: Maybe some posts here should be MODERATED [message #3553 is a reply to message #3546] Tue, 22 August 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I just responded with the same words - I just actually finished one "idiotic design such as 8W SET" to quote the author you like sooo much. Also, many other things from that article are just stupid, but of course - you found it brilliant.

Previous Topic: Stereo Tube Amp build class in Austin, TX
Next Topic: Sherwood SEL 400 volume potentiometer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:46:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout