Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Re: 7's with H395's.
Re: 7's with H395's. [message #35362] Thu, 07 March 2002 13:52 Go to next message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

Hi Wayne.

I'm thinking about replacing the H395 horns in my speakers. I was figuring I could get some JBL 2370's and put a new plate of wood on the front of the 7's and make a new cut out. That would make them "right". What do you think?

Thanks for your time as usual,

Grant.

Re: 7's with H395's. [message #35363 is a reply to message #35362] Thu, 07 March 2002 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi grant, how are you? i don't feel the driver needs to be changed, it just needs the correct compensation. this is critical as improper compensation makes the pi's sound like those speakers sold out of the back of white vans. play around and experiment, i'm sure you'll get them right. BTW did you stain the cabinet's yet? love to see a photo.

cheer's,
george

Re: 7's with H395's. [message #35367 is a reply to message #35362] Thu, 07 March 2002 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I don't really like the sound of H395 horns for high-fidelity use, and as George has said, you really need to EQ them. The tweeter compensation circuit in the crossovers wasn't designed for that horn.
Re: 7's with H395's. [message #35372 is a reply to message #35363] Fri, 08 March 2002 05:21 Go to previous message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

Hi George.

Compensation is already on. I tried a few different combinations as you suggested and found at a certain point the high end started disappearing more than I liked. Then I backed off to the previous level.

It's all a balancing act isn't it? I have a little more homework to do before I make a choice on what to tweak. The nice thing is there's a lot of support and help while doing this.

I will post a picture soon.

See you in Ohio.

Grant.

Previous Topic: Pix of my Theater 4 Pi's
Next Topic: Collection Up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 22 04:40:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio