Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » birth announcement
birth announcement [message #35355] Thu, 07 March 2002 10:16 Go to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Finally, today at 13:02 the "twins" sang their first song! At 58 lbs. each, these are compact (2.5 cu. ft.) powerhouses that can rock pretty hard. Overall tonal balance is about right, highs are high (running 1.6 kHz. 3rd order BW w/ 12 dB pad/comp (0.47uF), lows (10 uF/1.0 mH w/o zobel) are low and punchy/quick. Don't need the rat meter to tell me these are pretty close to being done...just want to verify Fb and F10 to see how close the sim data was. Sam
Congrats! [message #35356 is a reply to message #35355] Thu, 07 March 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Hearing about everyone finishing their speakers has been bitter-sweet for me. I like to hear of everyone enjoying their stuff, but I'm antsy to get my own stuff done. None the less, I'm sure you're enjoying them. Pictures?

Kevin

quick "test" [message #35360 is a reply to message #35355] Thu, 07 March 2002 12:49 Go to previous message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Just had to check the bottom end of these 2035H's. Referenced to 100 Hz., the F10 is 45 Hz. The "as built" net Vb is 2.5 cu. ft., 14 sq. inches of port (two 3 inch dia. tubes) x 3 inches long...guesstimated initial Fb should have been around 50 Hz...but measured Fb is 42 Hz...

implying the 1.2 cu.ft. of R13 installed in each enclosure has "enhanced" the internal volume considerably...just the rear wall, and most of the sides are covered...spaced 1 inch away from the inner walls.

Less 'glass, or shorter port tubes??? What the heck, jbl tunes 'em to 40 Hz. anyway, but unless my Fb is 54 Hz., my tuning won't be as specified for "Pi alignment"...Sam

Previous Topic: Horns for Theater 4Pi
Next Topic: for seekers of the mighty CH3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 17:10:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout