Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Photo's of My Theater 4 Pi's
Collection of Pi Pictures [message #35338 is a reply to message #35325] Wed, 06 March 2002 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbeardsl is currently offline  dbeardsl
Master
Those really are beautiful.

It would be really neat to compose a collection of Pi pictures, organized by model of course.

I don't have a whole lot of time to go digging around, but if people just email me any pictures they have of some Pi's and the model name, I have a site I could whip up a little page on to host em.

Send em if you got em.

Thanks

Re: Photo's of My Theater 4 Pi's [message #35340 is a reply to message #35325] Wed, 06 March 2002 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Garland,

Man, those are hugely handsome! Having seen your Foreplay "live", I shoulda known you'd do a killer job on the speaks. Can't wait to hear them!

You've got good reason to be proud!
Keep your ears and your mind open.

Thanks for the Compliments, Guys! [message #35345 is a reply to message #35325] Wed, 06 March 2002 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Daniel, I'll e-mail the pics. And Sam, the boss was actually pretty pleased to see them go; not many places to hide em in our crowded architectural office. Tottman- the Paramours got put together concurrently with the Pi's and unfortunately they are pretty much stock- a bit of paint on the chassis plate and transformers and the alder wood base oiled and waxed with a 3/4" roundover on the top edge. Later I'll go back and do em up!- after the mods have exhausted themselves. Replay... not until I move to a smaller house! And Bill, It was fun putting these things together just after you did yours. Thanks for running a few blocks for me! Thanks again for everyones help and I wish the pictures could show how they sound! But then most of you already do. And now the fun really gets interesting...! The Music! Thanks again, Wayne!

G.

More embarassing compliments [message #35347 is a reply to message #35345] Wed, 06 March 2002 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I wonder what led you to the design you used? Was it perhaps reducing the visual scale of the boxes. There are no cues with the backdrop, but they somehow seem smaller. Not a bad thing. Did the design accomplish what you set out to do?
It certainly works for me. Cool and classical with the arch, grey tones and best of all, natural cherry.
And live music in the family room every evening.
I wish mine looked more 3-dimensional. The Pros I plan might have to have a round section for the woofer! 24 round routed laminations. Yikes!
But I'm inspired!

Re: Photo's of My Theater 4 Pi's [message #35349 is a reply to message #35325] Wed, 06 March 2002 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
WOW!!! Fantastic job.
Re: More embarassing compliments [message #35354 is a reply to message #35347] Thu, 07 March 2002 08:33 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Bill,

Actually, the idea came from you with your extra layer on the front baffle. I was looking for a way to add a grill cloth and make the speakers a bit more WAF able. So in my doodling at work this is what I came up with- it seemed pretty easy to do with the cut out becoming the grill frame and the grill frame cutouts for the speakers flush with the outer surfaces of the horn to minimize diffraction. I only veneered the front top and sides for economy. ...and to be totally honest I tweeked the color a bit in Photoshop; the actual colors are a bit warmer with a tad too much yellow for my liking. Hopefully age will improve things a bit.

G.

Previous Topic: Collection of Pi Pictures
Next Topic: Horns for Theater 4Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 04:53:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers