Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Design Acoustics PS-10 info
Design Acoustics PS-10 info [message #34935] Tue, 29 January 2002 21:01 Go to next message
crabcake is currently offline  crabcake
Esquire
Looking for spare drivers for DA PS-10's, and I would like to talk with the designer. Charlie @ cscables says that someone here may know him. Thanks, Carl
Re: Design Acoustics PS-10 info [message #34985 is a reply to message #34935] Tue, 05 February 2002 05:38 Go to previous message
GWA is currently offline  GWA
Esquire
I've got a set of PS-10's, had them for years. The foam surrounds on the woofers deteriorated recently and I went looking for replacements. I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but I replaced them with these:

http://speakerpage.com/S10142.htm

Check out the specs, they're an ideal mate for the PS-10 enclosure, cheap ($35), and made a VERY nice improvement in the bass response. However, I had to make 1/8" spacer-gaskets to go between the woofer and the enclosure, as the magnets were just a tiny bit too big to clear the cardboard tube behind the midrange. I also used T-nuts with screws to hold them securely, instead of the cheapy stock wood screws, which never really held well in the particle board cabinets. I took a bunch of digital pictures of the whole process if you're interested...

Previous Topic: Acoustic filter Q and PiAlign's "Qe"
Next Topic: Eminence Magnum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:57:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout