Home » Audio » General » STRONGLY RECOMMEND
Re: STRONGLY RECOMMEND [message #3459 is a reply to message #3456] Sun, 13 August 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
THanks for the link, Colin. I sent an email to him, t osee if he still has a CD of back issues for sale.
-akhilesh

Re: STRONGLY RECOMMEND [message #3461 is a reply to message #3459] Sun, 13 August 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Please let me know if you hear from him, and if you are able to get the CD. I have 2-3/month asking this same question......Colin

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3466 is a reply to message #3458] Sun, 13 August 2006 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you didn`t understand this post/jokes , I doubt that even throughout explanation will help. But, I`ll try:

-MB said that if someone is catched in a lie, that he is a liar, and no matter what he said before and after, he is under suspicion

-I cited a little vulgar version of this "wisdom" from TV serie "OZ", it`s a good show, and if they said it on TV, I thought that it is possible to be cited here

- I put a "wisdom" under quotation marks, because truth of this saying is questionable (one friend of mine has a joke where he said that people are mean - if you just once have had sex with a man, they`ll call you a faggot for the rest of your life ).

-For the end, I`ll (about) cited one Thorsten`s saying:

"There`re two kinds of people - ones who get it and those who don`t. If you don`t understand the meaning of this - you belong to the former group."

Correction! [message #3467 is a reply to message #3466] Sun, 13 August 2006 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Of course, the phrase goes like this:

"There`re two kinds of people - ones who get it and those who don`t. If you don`t understand the meaning of this - you belong to the later group."

Re: Correction! [message #3469 is a reply to message #3467] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Correction; if once you have sex with a man; you are gay. No going back on that ship. No refunds from that store.

Re: Correction! [message #3470 is a reply to message #3469] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, MB - it`s easy to be some kind of metro-sexual or something... Especially for you, the residents of big cities which have subway/metro...

Re: Correction! [message #3471 is a reply to message #3470] Sun, 13 August 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey; the subway is the ONLY thing I ride! Or my Schwinn 10 speed. My Norton is in the garage waiting for my son to grow older.

YOU have mail Colin [message #3479 is a reply to message #3461] Tue, 15 August 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
NT

Peter Aczel's side of the story [message #3480 is a reply to message #3479] Tue, 15 August 2006 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think Colin will enjoy the Audio Critic back issues. I know I do.

I'd love to hear Peter Aczel's side of the story on that review thing. I've heard a lot from manualblock, and publishing integrity is a hot-button topic for me so it resonates. But would like to hear the other side of the story too. The Audio Critic magazines were well written, the people that wrote articles were well respected and I agreed with many of the views expressed. So I'd like to know what Aczel has to say about the review John always talks about. I'd also like to know how customers were treated and if subscriptions were sold but publishing was irregular or stopped.

Re: Peter Aczel's side of the story [message #3481 is a reply to message #3480] Tue, 15 August 2006 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It would be interesting to hear Peter's side of the story.

Fast forward to the present. Has any magazine given a bad review to any product that buys ads? I think you'd be hard presses to find one. The only one that comes to mind was in audioXpress a few years ago, in which the tweeter in a DIY speaker was wired out-of-phase per incorrect instructions. The product got slammed for sound quality, but when wired correctly sounded great.....Colin

Previous Topic: Rocks in your subwoofer
Next Topic: My view on the Ten Biggest Lies.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:48:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio