Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Which Pi with my Decware Zen Select?
Which Pi with my Decware Zen Select? [message #34622] Tue, 01 January 2002 22:31 Go to next message
leftistelf is currently offline  leftistelf
Esquire
Hi folks,

My system (Bottlehead Foreplay pre and Decware Zen Select amp) needs a pair of speakers. Seems like Pi speakers are pretty well regarded, but its awfully confusing to pick which speaker will fit my need best for Pi's long, long list.

My room is unusual in that it has two different ceiling heights. The room is 14' wide and 17' deep. The *back* 8' of the room has a ceiling height of 8' at which point the ceiling shoots straight up (no slope) to 18'. My speakers will be positioned in the front area with the high ceiling facing the area with the low ceiling where my sofa/chairs are. Hardwood floors, one completely glass wall on the side, etc.

I'm trying to keep a reasonable budget (

Thermionic or Theater four π speakers [message #34624 is a reply to message #34622] Wed, 02 January 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I would recommend the Theater Series four π speaker, which has great bass response and high sensitivity. Other excellent choices include the Thermionic Series three or four π speakers, which will also provide nice full bass.

As for your room and its hardwood floor, please read the post called "Solution for raised wood floors and crawlspaces"

Re: Thanks for the advice and links! [message #34627 is a reply to message #34624] Wed, 02 January 2002 08:08 Go to previous message
leftistelf is currently offline  leftistelf
Esquire
Thanks for the advice and informative links!
Previous Topic: Q. for Wayne - Spice Models
Next Topic: Are there any Plans available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:30:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout