Home » Audio » General » STRONGLY RECOMMEND
Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3436 is a reply to message #3433] Fri, 11 August 2006 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I will be more than happy to let everyone know what I think. But I must say that I will be taking any equipment recommendations with a grain of salt. As I do for all equipment reviews in any magazine. I am mostly interested in opinions of other audio related topics. For instance I found his "10 Biggest Lies in Audio" to be very interesting. Can't say I agree with them all but I like to read different opinions by different people. Especially about topics I like such as audio.

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3441 is a reply to message #3436] Fri, 11 August 2006 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Vinyl,
I think your opinion would beinteresting to me and to others. It desn't have to be approval necessarily. Just good for others to get a second opinion on the Audio Critic & Peter Aczel's writings. It certainly transformed the way I think about audiophilia.
-akhilesh

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3444 is a reply to message #3441] Fri, 11 August 2006 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I bought the back issues and enjoy them, but if they run their business anything like VTV, I'm a bit disappointed. I never really investigated it so I don't know. I know the technical articles were good. The same could be said of VTV. Pity those guys at VTV weren't more interested in actually publishing than they were in selling subscriptions.

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3445 is a reply to message #3444] Fri, 11 August 2006 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Wayne,
It's not a business anymore. Aczel is 80 years old. He ocassionally writes reviews in his e-zine, a lifetime subscription to which is $12.95.
Needless to say, I am a subscriber to the e-zine. It's great to read the writings of a guy who can write well, is objective and has been around since the early days of hi-fi.

I doubt if Aczel ever made money on his mag. His views are too detrimental to the high end companies to ever allow him to succeed. What I like is that here is an audio insider who actually speaks the truth (as he sees it) without regard to gain...or to pissing other people off.

Such intellectual honesty is rare, almost unique, in high -end audiophilia.

A true gem. IMHO.
-akhilesh

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3448 is a reply to message #3445] Fri, 11 August 2006 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Too bad he has no scruples or honesty in his person. I have a nice bridge to sell you. If a guy lies once it doesn't matter what else he does; he is a liar.

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3453 is a reply to message #3448] Sat, 12 August 2006 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hmmm... This "wisdom" I heard in "Oz" TV-serie (I think):

"If a guy built 100 bridges, and sucked just a one dick - no one will call him an architect, but cock-sucker."

(Sorry `bout vulgarity, I hope that there`re no little kids and nice ladies around).

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3454 is a reply to message #3453] Sat, 12 August 2006 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes thats a very old saying; I heard it said when I was a rug-rat myself.
It goes;
"You can be a bridge builder; the best bridge builder in the world and build many great bridges.
But if ever you S one C ;you're no longer a bridge-builder; you're a CS."

Re: STRONGLY RECOMMEND [message #3456 is a reply to message #3420] Sat, 12 August 2006 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks for the info. I just ordered, but it's going to be hard to beat "Sound Practices."

Re: STRONGLY RECOMMEND [message #3457 is a reply to message #3456] Sat, 12 August 2006 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Glad you did ColinH. I would be most intereted to hear what you think after you read thru some of the issues. I am sure others will benefit from reding about your impressions as well!
-akhilesh
PS: Are back issues of sound practices available?
Appreciate any info.

Re: You may find this site interesting too. [message #3458 is a reply to message #3453] Sun, 13 August 2006 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
What's the point of that post? Are you calling someone a CS?
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Rocks in your subwoofer
Next Topic: My view on the Ten Biggest Lies.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:47:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio