Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Questions before I jump in
Questions before I jump in [message #33764] Fri, 31 August 2001 15:01 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
I'm considering construction of either the 3Pi theater, or the 4Pi pro. In my listening room, speaker placement would have to be on either side of a fireplace, and directly in front of windows (the floor to celing windows flank the fireplace). My listening position will be about 10' away on a couch that is right up against a wall. The room is about 14' x 18', and vaulted 15' celings. The question is, will the speaker location work for Pi speakers, if so, how far from the windows should they be? Also, should the speakers be on stands so the tweeter is at ear level? Last, could anyone comment on the sonic quality of either/both of these? FWIW, I listen to jazz, classical and some rock with SE amps using 300B's (8-10 watts). Thanks for the input.
Steve

Re: Questions before I jump in [message #33765 is a reply to message #33764] Fri, 31 August 2001 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi steve, welcome to the site. read my post on aug 30, 2001 titled "eldragon this reviews for you". let us know how your project works out.

cheers,
george

Re: Questions before I jump in [message #33773 is a reply to message #33764] Sat, 01 September 2001 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Both models you've mentioned are forgiving of placement. They work best in corners pointing inwards like cornerhorns or back against the wall on the floor. Flanking your fireplace is no problem, they'll sound very nice there. The relatively small vertical radiation pattern keeps ceiling reflections to a minimum and the horizontal pattern is wide enough to give good coverage. The nice thing about having controlled directivity is it helps imaging and sound quality even rooms that aren't the best.
Thanks for the help! (nt) [message #33774 is a reply to message #33773] Sat, 01 September 2001 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
NT
May I Suggest the Theater Seven or Four Pi [message #33778 is a reply to message #33764] Sat, 01 September 2001 12:46 Go to previous message
AudioLapDance is currently offline  AudioLapDance
Baron
Hey Steve,

Did you take a look at the Theater Series? They sound excellent and I think they'd work nicely in your room. My opinion may be biased as I built Theater 7 Pi's.

Good luck,
Jeff

Previous Topic: eldragon, this review's for you
Next Topic: changing my mind - want to build pi 7's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 15:37:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers