Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » wayne, where do the wires go?
wayne, where do the wires go? [message #33487] Wed, 27 June 2001 15:04 Go to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi wayne, just received x-overs. thank you very much. the wires with the thingamajigs, where do i attach? thanks. i'll let you know how they sound.
Crossover installation [message #33488 is a reply to message #33487] Wed, 27 June 2001 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

1. Connector plate to crossover PCB input with straight wire, (+) to (+) and (-) to (-).

2. Woofer to crossover PCB output with straight wire, (+) to (+) and (-) to (-).

3. Zobel to woofer, across woofer leads. This is the large block resistor and the capacitor connected in line. Either side goes to woofer (+), the other to woofer (-).

4. Tweeter to crossover PCB using tweeter compensation cable assembly. This cable has a block of resistors at one end, and that side connects to the crossover board. The other side connects to the tweeter, (+) to (+) and (-) to (-).

I usually mount the crossover PCB and the Zobel resistor on the inside of the cabinet, attaching them to the bottom or back panel with screws. The tweeter cable assembly can either be held in place with a glob of silicon compound or it can rest on a pad of insulation between the PCB and cable assembly. Just be sure it cannot vibrate in contact with something and buzz.

Re: Crossover installation [message #33491 is a reply to message #33488] Wed, 27 June 2001 18:48 Go to previous message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
thanks wayne.
Previous Topic: 2426H for $249.95 and the 2666H for $287.95
Next Topic: Ports and displacement volume offsets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:30:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio