Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » wrong adapters
wrong adapters [message #33239] Wed, 25 April 2001 16:18 Go to next message
jazzbo is currently offline  jazzbo
Chancellor
Hi Wayne-

I'm in the process of ordering parts for four pi's. I am going to use the JBL 2226 and Eminence PSD2002. I ordered the 2002s' from antique (closeout-no return) and found some flange to screw adapters from MCM. Unfortunately, the adapters have male threads, which are also on the drivers. Eminence does not carry adapters, and neither does Antique. Any suggestions?

Tnanks

Bolt-on / thread-on adapters [message #33240 is a reply to message #33239] Wed, 25 April 2001 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Are your drivers 2002's or 2002S's? The "S" version is the thread on type and the "non-S" is the bolt on type.

Eminence does make an adapter that will convert the H290 horn flare to mate with thread mounted compression drivers. Selenium does too, but the bolt holes aren't right. I don't know why all these speaker driver manufacturers have such a hard time with this thing - but they do. They all seem to have their own funny little way of making what is otherwise a "standard bolt pattern" work with other parts.

Anyway, the H290 fits directly with the 2002 (non-S), so if that's what you've ordered, it will work very well.

Re: Bolt-on / thread-on adapters [message #33242 is a reply to message #33240] Wed, 25 April 2001 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazzbo is currently offline  jazzbo
Chancellor
Thanks again Wayne for your quick response. Unfortunately, I bought the screw-on type (2002-S). I contacted Eminence and they responded that they do not have such an adapter. They suggested that I try Parts Express and MCM. I purchased the ones MCM carried, but thay have the male threads. Parts Express does not carry it either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Eminence APT-2 is what you want [message #33243 is a reply to message #33242] Thu, 26 April 2001 00:41 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Eminence does make the adapter you want, part number APT-2. The reason they don't have any here is they don't make them available in North America. You might contact an Eminence distributor in Europe and see if they would be willing to send you a pair.
Previous Topic: tubes
Next Topic: wayne, you da man!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 09:35:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout