Home » Audio » General » 4th of July
4th of July [message #3316] Mon, 03 July 2006 15:13 Go to next message
Alona Parham is currently offline  Alona Parham
Chancellor
Happy 4th of July to all of you and your families.
It's my first Independence Day as an American citizen.
I am very proud of myself.
Enjoy this holiday and fireworks.

Re: 4th of July [message #3317 is a reply to message #3316] Mon, 03 July 2006 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Congratualtions on your citizenship. I hope you enjoy many, many years of happiness here.

Happy 4th to everyone also. Please take a moment to remember the cost of being free and those who have and are paying the price.

Happy 4th of July! [message #3318 is a reply to message #3316] Tue, 04 July 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
and congrats!

Re: 4th of July [message #3319 is a reply to message #3316] Tue, 04 July 2006 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Congratulations on your citizenship! Now you can say all the bad things you want to about the United States, tell George Bush and/or Bill Clinton jokes, whatever. But if I had to sum up what's good about the U.S. in one phrase, it would be "course correction". It doesn't happen fast at the governmental level, but in general when we see that things aren't going right in our work or our personal life or our family life or our community or our nation we can adjust or even completely change direction. My impression is that in most countries it is not so easy to change direction. For instance, here you can change religion and only a few people will think you're wierd. In most countries there is relatively little social freedom to change religions.

And maybe this is a bit strange thing to say, but I tip my hat to you and Wayne on having remained friends. Indeed, you even drop in here from time to time and hang out in Wayne's world. I think that's great, and wish more people were like you and Wayne. Also, belated thanks for the gas prices website you posted a link to some time ago - that was very thoughtful of you.

Duke

Re: 4th of July [message #3322 is a reply to message #3319] Wed, 05 July 2006 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Duke,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I'm a lucky woman. I have two homes: Ukraine (I was born there and will always love that country) and America (my new land which I love a lot).

But what more important for me is American people who I've met and who have been my friends for 8 years. This is my America to me. Not governments, not politicians, but simple people with kind hearts.

I was blessed when I met Wayne. He introduced American culture to me, and it was awesome.

I still have many things to learn but I am very proud of myself because I'm doing just fine.

I am happy to be here. This is a great country with lots of opportunities!!!

Take care of yourself,
Alona

Re: Happy 4th of July! [message #3323 is a reply to message #3318] Wed, 05 July 2006 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Beautiful picture!
Thanks.

Re: 4th of July [message #3324 is a reply to message #3317] Wed, 05 July 2006 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Everyone should remember this all the time not only on 4th of July. If people start forgetting about their history and the cost of being free, a country will have no future.

Re: 4th of July [message #3332 is a reply to message #3316] Thu, 06 July 2006 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Congradulations Alona and welcome to America.
Bill W.

Re: 4th of July [message #3337 is a reply to message #3332] Fri, 07 July 2006 13:26 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Hey Bill,

Thank you. It's good to hear from you.

Previous Topic: JVC JA-S11 resistor
Next Topic: What the hell is that smell????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:54:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio