Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Letter from Rob Gault, President of Eminence Speaker Corporation
Letter from Rob Gault, President of Eminence Speaker Corporation [message #33098] Wed, 28 March 2001 08:59 Go to next message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
Dear Wayne,

Thank you for your e-mail and your support of Eminence. I studied the changes to the Alpha 8 and admit they are significant, although the effect on response seemed slight in the cabinet I modeled both in. These changes were not design changes. We just found that the product had changed some from the original design for some unknown reason. We need to improve in this regard and we have been discussing it since your e-mail arrived.

Our Product Design lab is beginning a study to try and determine what part of the variations are due to measurement error, what part are due to environmental effects (temperature and humidity, especially), and what part are due to variations in the components from batch to batch or component to component. Also, we realize that we publish specifications based on measurement of very few or even one sample of that model rather than a statistical study. We could be way off to one end of the actual range because of our small samples size.

We will start a distribution list with you as the first member to notify people if we change the published specs. I'm afraid we don't know how to make our web-site accept subscriptions to such a distribution list and I don't think we want to advertise on our website that we have parameter variations. The real problem is tightening control over these variations and we will be working on that immediately. In the meantime, I hope our unintentional changes continue to be in your favor.

Thanks again,

Rob Gault
Re: Letter from Rob Gault, President of Eminence Speaker Corporation [message #33099 is a reply to message #33098] Wed, 28 March 2001 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stan C. is currently offline  Stan C.
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

Looking at the responses from Eminence they are a respectful company after all. Can't wait for the Pis to get here........

Cheers,
Stanley

Re: Letter from Rob Gault, President of Eminence Speaker Corporation [message #33100 is a reply to message #33099] Wed, 28 March 2001 10:53 Go to previous message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
I'm anxious for you to get your speakers too! We will probably ship in the first week of April.
Previous Topic: Doghouse Pictures....
Next Topic: resonance problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:45:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout