Home » Audio » General » Disclosure
Disclosure [message #3306] Wed, 21 June 2006 08:27 Go to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I thought I should bring this up. It's offical now, I'm designing and building crossovers for Hawthorne Audio's Silver Iris line. I'm doing this as a private contractor, not as an employee. I haven't received any money yet, but am sending my first batch of Xo's today. Thought it'd only be right to make it clear I have some affiliation now. Hadn't even thought of doing this a few weeks ago. I just made a DIY design that was a big improvement over the cheap desined stock Xo. Darrel asked me if I'd build more. I figured, why not? I'll be designing one for a new 10 inch driver as well.

I plan on sticking around here yet, but won't be promoting anything. If someone asks about Darrel's products, or if it's appropriate in a particular discussion, I'll talk about it. I don't want to use this forum, though, to promote someone elses product that I'm affiliated with.

Dave

Oh, BTW, if you are interested in seeing what I'm doing, there is some info and a pic here. Comments, suggestions and critisizm is appreciated.

http://www.hawthorneaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207

Re: Disclosure [message #3307 is a reply to message #3306] Wed, 21 June 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very good. Congratulations and good luck!

Re: Disclosure [message #3308 is a reply to message #3306] Wed, 21 June 2006 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've been following your posts, and it looks like you've been doing some neat stuff. Glad to hear your crossovers will be used in Hawthorne Audio speakers. I would like to hear the Silver Iris and the Augie. You and Darrel should plan to exhibit the Hawthorne Audio products at the Lone Star Audio Fest next year?

Re: Disclosure [message #3309 is a reply to message #3306] Tue, 27 June 2006 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't see why just because you design a crossover for the speaker you shouldn't be able to talk about it. You designed the part as a layman with no affiliation because you liked the speaker. You posted previously that you owned and enjoyed the speaker. By being forthcoming about your involvement I see no ethical issue here. No reason you can't appreciate improvements you make by investing your time and effort into a speaker you own and like. I don't see you reviewing them like a disinterested party anywhere. And I don't see any comparisons disparaging of anyone elses stuff and you are a musician who is eminently qualified to speak on how music should sound.
One Mans opinion.

Re: Disclosure [message #3311 is a reply to message #3309] Fri, 30 June 2006 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey manualblock,

I'm not uncomfortable talking about it if someone asks, or if the topic at hand is related. I'm just not going to be bringing it up any old time, as that could be seen as promoting. I posted my disclosure post just so everyone knew that I was building a product for an audio company and my views of that company were to be taken like an employee's viewpoint would be. It wouldn't have been right to not let people know of the affiliation.
Not that it'll taint my viewpoint. I tend to say what I think (even when it gets me into trouble).

Dave

Re: Disclosure [message #3312 is a reply to message #3311] Fri, 30 June 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; I know how that last part feels. I seem to have misplaced my copy of How To Win Friends and Influence People.

Re: Disclosure [message #3314 is a reply to message #3312] Sat, 01 July 2006 12:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>Yes; I know how that last part feels. I seem to have misplaced my copy of How To Win Friends and Influence People.
Previous Topic: WSOTT on for 7/15 - Colin?
Next Topic: Welcome to AudioKinesis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 10:48:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout