Home » Audio » General » Warning!!! My computer has a virus.
Warning!!! My computer has a virus. [message #3290] Tue, 13 June 2006 05:28 Go to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Anyone who has recieved an email from me since 6/9/06, should do a virus scan on their computer, Shane.
SORRY!
My Norton Anti-virus software and spybot did not detect a worm that I got from an advertisement pop up.
I am having a hard time trying to isolate this bugger. It appears to have taken control where I cannot get my computer to connect to a few anti-virus software websites, like major geeks. I have been hijacked! There are words missing from my interenet explorer task bar. And my computer seems not to be able to recognize paths to my favorites, ect. Someone told me it is some type of Trojan virus, I mean pain in the ###.
I am not sure, but I may have to totaly dump everything and reload all operating software.
Any suggestions???????
Norris Wilson

Re: Warning!!! My computer has a virus. [message #3291 is a reply to message #3290] Tue, 13 June 2006 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
see if you can download avast! anti-virus. the geeks latest favorite

Re: Warning!!! My computer has a virus. [message #3292 is a reply to message #3291] Tue, 13 June 2006 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Norris, sorry to hear that. I haven't noticed any problems with mine yet. I did a virus and spyware scan the other day and it didn't detect anything. I use the Yahoo/AT&T online protection suite that comes with my DSL provider. It has email scan and virus scan.

I don't know the ramifications of trying to run two anti-virus programs at the same time though? Any suggestions.

Let us know what you find out here.

Re: Warning!!! My computer has a virus. [message #3294 is a reply to message #3292] Tue, 13 June 2006 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I don't know if it makes a difference with my system, but the DSL modem has a hardware firewall built in and I think I've got Microsoft XP firewall running as well(even though it's probably worthless).

My (?) problem [message #3303 is a reply to message #3290] Fri, 16 June 2006 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
When "audioroundtable.com" is loading, something else wants to open, I got a message "waiting for www.hugstlc.com", ART can`t be open for a long time, and sometimes "Firefox" browser just crushes ("illegal operation"). Well, I tried sweeping with "AVG" antivirus and "Spybot -S&D" programs and found nothing. This "hughstlc" is some humanitar aid organisation, or so.
Anybody has some idea what`s this?

Re: My (?) problem [message #3304 is a reply to message #3303] Fri, 16 June 2006 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Why don't you check and see if anything is loading on start-up. I don't know if you did that but it is easy to do. Then another thing you can try is to do CTR/ALT/DLTE and see whats running at the time of the command.
Excuse this if you already did that.

a58c8a4a.exe [message #3305 is a reply to message #3304] Mon, 19 June 2006 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Found it...

Re: My (?) problem [message #3352 is a reply to message #3303] Sat, 15 July 2006 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harry4265 is currently offline  harry4265
Baron
Popup obviously

Re: Warning!!! My computer has a virus. [message #3353 is a reply to message #3294] Sat, 15 July 2006 05:04 Go to previous message
harry4265 is currently offline  harry4265
Baron
nad you stil have virus?

Previous Topic: A little carping
Next Topic: volvo 240 advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:59:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio