Home » Audio » General » AudioAsylum is horrible now.
AudioAsylum is horrible now. [message #320] Fri, 19 March 2004 09:27 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
AudioAsylum. *sigh*

Look at this thread, starting at:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/HUG/messages/67466.html

I answered somebodies question, and the guy replied back and thanked me. Then Romy the Cat enters....

He posts under the name "Adrian Mock" not Mack, which is what I used. Fancy the poor loser like him starting on me for no reason... take a look for yourself at the rest of this behaviour at me. I then replied using the name "Romy the Loser" and "Romy the Jerk"

I wish this jerk would just banish off the face of this planet forever.

Re: AudioAsylum is horrible now. [message #321 is a reply to message #320] Fri, 19 March 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Made a few more replies to him....

It is really just a select few people that make AA undesirable to go to. If you look at the place as a whole, it's got some pretty nice people on it. Just that it has some mean people on it too.

Re: AudioAsylum is horrible now. [message #322 is a reply to message #321] Fri, 19 March 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, I know. It would be really nice if the people in charge would police the place. It's not a lot of fun when someone like that comes along and attacks you that way. It would be one thing if it were words in a school yard, you could say a few yourself or walk away or whatever. The moment would pass. But on Audio Asylum, the ugly stuff stays forever.

Road Rage in the 21st Century [message #323 is a reply to message #320] Fri, 19 March 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It’s astounding how horribly people behave in the on-line world.

I firmly believe it’s the separation – the isolation. It’s the same thing that happens with many people when they get behind the wheel of a car. They go stark raving mad – they’ll take any chance with their lives and yours at the most insignificant perceived slight.

Internet rage is just road rage with a keyboard, but at least they can’t shoot at you.

Its gone now [message #324 is a reply to message #321] Fri, 19 March 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The AA moderators just deleted all that Romy rubbish - thankfully.

Pick your fights [message #325 is a reply to message #320] Sat, 20 March 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You've got to pick you fights man. Got to ask youself 1) Is there any way I can win this one? and 2) Is it worth winning?

I'd say no to the first one because you will never bring yourself to play at their level. And I'd strongly lean towards no for the second question. Sometimes the best thing to do is just walk away.

Gar.

Definately [message #326 is a reply to message #325] Sat, 20 March 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Its not so much is the fight worth it
is the PERSON worth it

think about it,how much time youve wasted from your finite life arguing,i know i waste time -argh!

;-)

I forgot the image [message #327 is a reply to message #326] Sat, 20 March 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Heres what he coudlve been doing instead of arguing with romy :-)

That's fun [message #328 is a reply to message #327] Sat, 20 March 2004 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Its gone now [message #329 is a reply to message #324] Sun, 21 March 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Khorn is currently offline  Khorn
Esquire
Unfortunately heavy handed moderation has become a necessity on most posting boards and I agree with it 'cause there are a few real jerks who spoil it for everyone else. Isn't it strange how we become so passionate about our equipment choices? After all, what were are really talking about is a bunch of boxes with some wires and lights and such. It's sorta nuts when you stop and think about it!!

Previous Topic: 45 RPM
Next Topic: Audiophile accessories - Solution or Snake Oil?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 14:47:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio