Home » Audio » General » Ok let's try again.
Ok let's try again. [message #3226] Tue, 06 June 2006 22:18 Go to next message
charlieboy is currently offline  charlieboy
Chancellor

I just found this forumand wanted to say Hi. I alayws like looking at other peopls setups and would like to start with mine.
The TT on the left is my dedicated 78 spinner a Rek-O-Kut 743 with a GE tonearm and cartridge, along with the homebrew amp and phono stage on the 3rd shelve down on the right. It feeds the single Klipsch Heresy in the center. The rest is my stereo gear wich is the MMF-5 going to the plinius Jarrah to the Bottlehead pre to the 6l6 amps to the Klipsch Chorus speakers and dual 15" Sonace subs.

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3227 is a reply to message #3226] Tue, 06 June 2006 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor

Here's another.

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3228 is a reply to message #3227] Tue, 06 June 2006 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor

And a close up. The reason I said try this agin is I accidently posted this yesterday in the Swap Meet section.

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3230 is a reply to message #3228] Tue, 06 June 2006 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Excellent setup and a great sound room. Impressive!

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3231 is a reply to message #3228] Wed, 07 June 2006 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3moons is currently offline  3moons
Baron
Very nice AND organized. Is that an old Meissner mono FM tuner in the stack? Tell us more about your 6L6 amps too. Thanks. jim...

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3232 is a reply to message #3228] Wed, 07 June 2006 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hey charlieboy,
Your dedicated room is very organized, and as I like to see, full of vinyl.
It is nice to see that you are enjoying music that spans for many years, especially with your 78 collection.
I for one have not been able to let my vinyl go for an all digital system, as many that I know have. I guess it is a convience to just plug a CD into a player and let it go.
CD sound has made great improvements from the early 1980's. But, it is far from the perfect sound forever that it was dubbed back in its early days.
Welcome to the Roundtable, glad that you decided to join in with the many nice people who post here.
An audio hobby can be fun, but it is the people who make it much more enjoyable. I am looking forward to sharing in your experiences.
Norris Wilson

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3233 is a reply to message #3228] Wed, 07 June 2006 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nice! I would love to get a vinyl rig. Got about 50 albums and no way to listen.

Are those a couple of Wave 8 blocks?

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3234 is a reply to message #3226] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nice rig, Charlie Boy!
How can you fault a man who likes Klipsch & SETs?

I just sold my museatex bidat & transport, andbought a (cheaper) berendsen cdp-1. Will post on its sound. This is the same as the gamuT cd-1 (berendsen si the OEM for it).
-akhilesh

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3235 is a reply to message #3233] Wed, 07 June 2006 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Shane. Yeah those are some wave 8's That I got as some backup's but I have only listened to them one time.

Re: Ok let's try again. [message #3236 is a reply to message #3231] Wed, 07 June 2006 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chancellor
3moons. Yeah that is a Messner c-8. Good eye. The monoblocks are some modified Dared VP-16's. They are pretty nice. They do not have the beautiful midrange that my old 2a3 setup with Klipschorns had but for the money my system sounds very good to me.

Previous Topic: fostex up 203 super
Next Topic: A nice link to some great pic though it's in Japanese
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:03:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout