Home » Audio » Group Build » 4E27 in PP
4E27 in PP [message #32153] Wed, 21 March 2007 14:32 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
The big heavy 4E27 amp is comming together. It took so long I had to go back here and locate the colour coding for the Peerless S-265's I had wound with all the extra screen/E-Linear taps on the primary. Since I am a bit short on picture hosting, I am putting the pix up on Audio Karma where I only have to press a few buttons to upload...:)

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105378

It is taking more time than I thought, but I am doing less fabricating along the way. The 'Crap!!! I need another hole to stick a bracket for that ____' is something I am trying to avoid this build. So I make up for it with a separate power supply that's too heavy to lift comfortably.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: 4E27 in PP [message #32154 is a reply to message #32153] Wed, 21 March 2007 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll bet it's super cool - I'll check it out when I get back. Can't login to AudioKarma 'cause I'm inside a firewall. And I can't see the pics 'til I'm logged in.

Re: 4E27 in PP [message #32155 is a reply to message #32153] Sat, 24 March 2007 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
One word comes to mind: DAMN. Those are some beasties. I'd love to hear them someday.....C

Totally AWESOME AMPS !!!!!!!! [message #32156 is a reply to message #32155] Wed, 28 March 2007 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRCLASSICMAN is currently offline  MRCLASSICMAN
Esquire
They are the cleanest, tightest, quietest, openous, marvelous amps I have had the pleasure to hear! If you get a chance to hear these you will get to hear and amp "Do It All Right!". In my humble opinion that is.I had heard that this type of tube brought something new to the table and they sure were correct in that statement. Doug is a master and even he out did himself this time!

Terry

COOL! [message #32157 is a reply to message #32153] Fri, 30 March 2007 22:58 Go to previous message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Great looking MONGO amps Douglas.

Thanks for sharing the fruits of all of your hard work.
I bet they have enough balls to push any reasonable speaker load to ear splitting SPL's. No whimpy 2 watts here, capable of driving a speaker that will lay your hair back. While having plenty on reserve for pushing the heavy dynamics without whimping out.

Yeeha!

I would not doubt they sound great across the entire musical spectrum, loud or subtle.

Congratulations!

Norris

Previous Topic: AudioRoundTable Group Build Room?
Next Topic: The ausio Asylum is done
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:07:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout