Home » Audio » Group Build » Here is a better proposal....
Here is a better proposal.... [message #31627] Mon, 19 December 2005 09:51
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
In a previous post I made I stated the following;

:::Let he who proposes full disclosure of all the "relevant" data points be the first to publish all the relevant data. This I have not seen done as regards the HTS-7457.:::

what better way... than to lead by example. In the previous post I listed some sixteen or so technical parameters that might be useful in evaluating an audio transformer... and this does not exhaust the list of parameters which have importance in the design and functioning of a transformer...

but rather than debate testing protocol, motives, issues of impartiality and objectivity...

why not have the person who proposes such a sweeping program of meaurement and publication first publish all the relevant and desired information that is requested of him and the products that he offers in the marketplace? And allow other folks could to add any technical or performance parameters that I might have missed in my previous post to this list.

It would be a perfect way to provide a template for other manufacturer's to publish their specs on if they chose to adopt such a plan.

But, again, as I've said (and as I have illustrated in my post showing two different transformer examples) picking any one or two parameters in isolation is not going to provide much of a complete picture at best... and at worst.. it simply leads to mischief... that the buyer gets a real turdball overall that measures good on one or two specs.

I eagerly await the publication of all of these specifications by the same person who has proposed this undertaking of his own product first.

msl

Previous Topic: Here is a better proposal....
Next Topic: Here is a better proposal....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:33:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio