Home » Audio » General » GPAF 2006
GPAF 2006 [message #3081] Wed, 10 May 2006 19:23 Go to next message
Deborah is currently offline  Deborah
Esquire
Music is the essence of life and what a wonderful way to experience that essence as you come together with others who truly appreciate the experience. Thank you so much Wayne for extending to us "hoosiers"...lol the opportunity last year to make so many new wonderful friends. It was great seeing everyone again and getting to listen to such an eclectic selection of sound. Sound, can anyone call it just sound. Soft gently flowing radiating waves which have the power to transport the listener by just selecting a favorite musical piece WOW it might be heaven.

To my untrained ears, Jim's line arrays blew me away. Bob's BassMaxx speakers opened a whole new listening experience especially when we put in Jim Rivers Hans Theesink cd. I wasn't sure about Akhilesh's TruSonics at first but on my second listen I liked them and what hit me was that I needed fresh ears for each listening experience. So that taught me that I cannot go by the first listening when going from room to room without giving my ears a rest ...bad idea. For me, that was a valuable lesson. Again this year, we came home with a list of cd's to add to our collection. Thank you all for sharing.

Once again, great job Wayne and Melissa too.

We hope to see everyone again next year as Jef is already planning his "New" amp ideas we discussed on the long trip home. : ).
Cheers, Deborah

Re: GPAF 2006 [message #3082 is a reply to message #3081] Wed, 10 May 2006 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So; are you an engineer or designer also?

Re: GPAF 2006 [message #3083 is a reply to message #3081] Wed, 10 May 2006 20:42 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Deborah, it was so nice to finally meet you and Jef. I've been admiring Jef's amps for years now and didn't for the life of me figure he would actually be selling them at the event. I loved your 88 CD! Every time I came in , which was to the point of annoying I'm sure, that CD or Govi I think seemed to be on. I think I may have gotten Jef to try out some Chris Smither -- he snuck around the corner with my CD cover when we were playing it to scribble something down! I'm hoping Jef and I can strike a deal for one of his amps (he knows which one) so I can share his brillance with all our friends.

Do you have a list of some of the CD's you were playing there? I was so busy listening to everything that I didn't write down any CD titles. DOH!!!

I hope I get to see you again at next years show.

Take Care,

Shane

Previous Topic: GPAF 2006
Next Topic: Other Tulsa Meets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:03:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers