Home » Audio » General » Thanks Wayne
Thanks Wayne [message #3049] Mon, 08 May 2006 07:54 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wayne, I want to thank you for putting on a great event! And for letting me put my junk in your room !! I got to meet some fantastic people, Skip, Jim, Fred, Akhilesh, Jef just to name a few. A special thanks goes out to Jef for putting up with me hanging around and making him hook up his different amps to the 2 Pi's so I could listen and then decide which I wanted to build. Jef is most generous with his knowledge and I wish I'd had the extra change to buy his 12B4 (next year I'll think of such things). Another to Akhilesh for the single driver setup and explaining what I would need to do to implement one. I believe he and I think along some similar lines as far as how we want the sound to be.

One thing I can comment on is that I didn't hear one poor sounding setup there. They all sounded great and all different, which is nice so I could hear the difference in types of speakers and amps. For some reason though I kept going back to Jim's line arrays. Oh to dream!

Another thanks goes out to Norris. You sir are a kind and gentle man who deserves all the friendship and grace that comes your way.

Re: Thanks Wayne [message #3050 is a reply to message #3049] Mon, 08 May 2006 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
I have to thank Wayne as well for a great event. An event that is more about the audio community and hobby, than it is about the money that is a part of the driving force that helps to sustain it.

But, most of all, I want to thank each and every person who made this event happen. From the people who volenteered their time to help to set up the equipment, to all of the manufacturers who brought their wares. And not to forget the most important groups, the Dallas audio club, the Houston audio society, and the Great Plains audio community. It is the driving passion of all of these people that make this event and hobby an enjoyable endevor to share.

Diana and I had a good time, echoing Shanes sentiment.
That all of the very nice people who made up this group, handsomely showed their commitment and compassion for their art.
And made this Great Plains Audio Festival fun.

Until next years event,

Norris Wilson

PS. Thanks Shane for the ultimate compliment, I would love to be able to live up to it. But, I am human, and am less than perfect at times.

Re: Thanks Wayne [message #3051 is a reply to message #3049] Mon, 08 May 2006 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It was great meeting you as well Shane! YOu have some very good workmanship in your amps!
THis was a fun meet! Hope to see you again soon.
-akhilesh

Re: Thanks Wayne [message #3052 is a reply to message #3051] Mon, 08 May 2006 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Akhilesh! I don't know how many people actually listened to them as they were somewhat in the corner of Wayne's room and most people there are into speaker listening, not headphones. But they do show that headphones have the potential to be excellent additions to anyone's system.

Next time I'm there I want to hear your Khorns with the 12B4 and your Altecs as well.

Re: Thanks Wayne [message #3053 is a reply to message #3052] Mon, 08 May 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good Shane! YOu are more than welcome to listen to those!
-akhilesh

Re: Thanks Shane [message #3087 is a reply to message #3049] Thu, 11 May 2006 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You know what? I neglected to get a couple of close-up shots of your headphone amps. That was a huge omission. Lots of people checked them out, they sounded great. And I really love the way they look too. Can you post a link to the photos you made? I remember seeing them here on ART a while back. I want everyone that didn't get a chance to come to GPAF to see what your headphone amps look like.

Headphone amp pics [message #3098 is a reply to message #3087] Fri, 12 May 2006 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Here's a link to my little site that has them on there. I've currently got the Millett on a "sale pending payment" deal right now. Hopefully the guy goes ahead and buys it. I've got Jef at Abraxas selling me the little 12b4 amp he had at the show. I'm buying it either way, but I don't really need two headphone amps and I use the SOHA way more than the Millett, so I thought if someone would offer me what it's worth then I'd sell it, if not no big deal.

Gorgeous! [message #3108 is a reply to message #3098] Sat, 13 May 2006 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Awesome! Great looks, great sound!

Re: Headphone amp pics [message #3347 is a reply to message #3098] Sat, 15 July 2006 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harry4265 is currently offline  harry4265
Baron
no pics?!

Re: Headphone amp pics [message #3390 is a reply to message #3347] Wed, 26 July 2006 19:26 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You must be blind.

Previous Topic: dash center spkr
Next Topic: Vintage Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:45:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio