Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Hey Colin!
Hey Colin! [message #29779] Mon, 18 September 2006 21:01 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Made anything with your tablesaw yet?

Funny you should ask..... [message #29780 is a reply to message #29779] Tue, 19 September 2006 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No. The wife has been so auction/Craigslist crazed the past few months. We're about 10 projects behind in refinishing. Our garage is so full of crap (I mean fine antiques) that we can't even move to start the next.

The next project on the list is a 1915ish Edison record player. The wife picked two up for $20. The cabinet of the first one is completely trashed (water damage) but the player works fine. The second has no guts but the cabinet is pristine. Looks like an easy swap. She also picked up a stack of 30 or so records (1/4" thick) for $2.

After that it's a Hoosier cabinet, then a walnut dining room table, then a church pew, then a library table, then.........

So, until some of these honey-do's get sone, I can't even see the saw .....Colin

Re: Funny you should ask..... [message #29781 is a reply to message #29780] Tue, 19 September 2006 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Did I hear that right? Your wife brought home a couple of Edison record players and record? Sounds like the type of thing I have to beg my wife to allow me to bring home.

You need to convince the wife to forget about the antique Hoosier and let you build one for her instead. Weekend project, anyone?

Re:Funny Craigslist Story [message #29782 is a reply to message #29781] Tue, 19 September 2006 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My other half does that too. So she buys a leather couch; nice; Drexel Heritage with Mahogany trim. It looks great in the garage next to my old Norton; because the couch is too big to fit through any of our doors or windows.
Now I have to drop the front door and remove all the jambs to get it in; which of course means we might as well get a new entrance door. The big bargain is now about retail price. Where is this Craig guy; I'm gonna kill him.

Re:Funny Craigslist Story [message #29783 is a reply to message #29782] Tue, 19 September 2006 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I had to stop my wife from driving to Chicago today, a 10 hour round trip, to pick up a free Eames chair.

Re: Funny you should ask..... [message #29784 is a reply to message #29781] Tue, 19 September 2006 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I couldn't buy the wood for what she gave for the Hoosier cabinet.

I didn't tell you about the 1930ish General Electric "tombstone" radio or the Shure 55SW microphone (classic Elvis-style) she picked up either. I love that woman .....C

Re: Funny you should ask..... [message #29786 is a reply to message #29784] Wed, 20 September 2006 07:16 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've always wanted to pick up one of those console tube radio for restoration. I even have a place for it in mind in our living room. But too many other projects....

Previous Topic: Damar + ?? to lacquer African Mahogany ?
Next Topic: Google SketchUp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:59:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout