Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Harbor Freight
Harbor Freight [message #29542] Sun, 03 July 2005 03:59 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Bought a liddle 10" Ryobi drill press fer $89. Never opened the box thinking there just wasn't enough clearance from the base to the chuck for component boxes and stuff.
There's a Harbor Freight retail store near Speakerman and I had been intending to look there for some time. Did so yesterday.
They have a spotty reputation going back over 20 years. Good prices but some stuff crudely made.
I spotted a 3/4 horse 13" benchtop drill press marked $189 with a little tag that said "SALE", $139. Okay!
Independent adjustments for table tilt and height, 5/8 chuck, great big motor and a Jacobs-type chuck. Depth stop is kinda crude but there's no plastic anywhere. It's a Beast!
Ryobi, go home!

Re: Harbor Freight [message #29543 is a reply to message #29542] Sun, 03 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have a couple of Ryobi tools (table saw and router w/table) that are marginal build quality. They are good for the occasional use. This is pretty much the same opinion I have of Harbor Freight, except with HF I know what I'm getting. I have a number of HF tools and they are perfect for the one-time or infrequent use. I bought a drill bit counter sink set and a drum sander attachment from HF that I swear are the same as Rockler sells......Colin

Previous Topic: Another great tool deal
Next Topic: What kind of wood are they using at Walmart?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio